My Grey Has Pannus

Guest tweetybirdbeth

Guest tweetybirdbeth

I have a question, I've read a bunch of stuff on the forum about Pannus. My Grey, Silvia was just diagnosed this week with it. My question is, after 3 days of being on the eye drops, her eyes look much clearer. Is this normal so quickly? I still see the film covering part of the eye, but for the most part it is much clearer. She is on the drops for another 12 days at 3 times a day, then we lower it to twice a day before going back to the Vet. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Beth

I have a question, I've read a bunch of stuff on the forum about Pannus. My Grey, Silvia was just diagnosed this week with it. My question is, after 3 days of being on the eye drops, her eyes look much clearer. Is this normal so quickly? I still see the film covering part of the eye, but for the most part it is much clearer. She is on the drops for another 12 days at 3 times a day, then we lower it to twice a day before going back to the Vet. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Beth

Yes, and yes. We treated one of our greyhounds for 7 years for pannus and the initial treatment was the same 3x/day, then 2x day, then actually 1x/day per drug(we used two different types of drops). Are you seeing an ophthalmologist? I can highly recommend Dr. Felchle in Gilbert if you don't already have one(myself, I'm in Chandler).

Good luck! Our dog did fine with pannus. I never could get her to wear the doggles but the eyedrops were easy to give and after the initial diagnosis we never had any issues, just regular check-ups.

Guest KennelMom

that all sounds pretty normal...Fingers crossed that her pannus is easily controlled (most cases in greyhounds are) :goodluck

Guest ChasesMum

our Grey was diagnosed with Pannus and she has done fine on the eyedrops. for years now its been once a day or every other day with no problems. (until just recently but its unrelated to the pannus)