Fussing When Taking Temperature

I've noticed something odd about Capri when we go to the vet. They can take her temperature anally and she completely ignores it. Or they can do it in her ear and she cringes and acts like their ripping her ear off. That's totally backward from the way I feel about thermometers! :lol I don't think they're being rough with her or doing anything wrong. So why is she so fussy about a thermometer in her ear?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

If you can, next time watch as they're doing it. I've seen vets and techs both hold the ear a little too tight and it hurts them.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I've noticed something odd about Capri when we go to the vet. They can take her temperature anally and she completely ignores it. Or they can do it in her ear and she cringes and acts like their ripping her ear off. That's totally backward from the way I feel about thermometers! :lol I don't think they're being rough with her or doing anything wrong. So why is she so fussy about a thermometer in her ear?

:rofl

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)