Yogart For Tummy Trouble?

Guest GoingRogue

Guest GoingRogue

I have read that plain, non-fat yogart is good for tummy trouble caused by stress. We got our grey almost 2 weeks ago and he has had a few loose stools lately from either stress or change in food or both.

How much and how often do you guys give your grey yogart?

Is there anything else we can give along with the yogart?

Thanks

Th

Yogurt never hurts! You can give probably 1/3 of a tub a day (not the tiny tub) for a few days until his stools firm up. It is safe. Your vet might also be able to give you some flora - it usually is a powder for their food. I've used both at the same time w/good results.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Sweetreba

I read on this site about the yogurt too. I use it but I only give a teaspoon every couple days. I was doing it too often and my guys got diarrhea big time. I find if I give the teaspoon in the morning feeding every couple days it keeps the rumbling tummy away.

Guest Mommydog

You can also give them the pro-biotic yogurt type drinks. Joey has one every morning, but he'll only have peach or vanilla flavour!:lol

Guest scfilby

Ours get two big table spoons of plain non-fat for breakfast every morning mixed in their kibble. They love it and we have 0 gas issues, perfect stools etc.

Guest Energy11

Ours get two big table spoons of plain non-fat for breakfast every morning mixed in their kibble. They love it and we have 0 gas issues, perfect stools etc.

Same here, but I give mine with their evening meals. They love it! I also give pumpkin twice a day, as well. I was able to corner the market on it, while in Gatlinburg for Mt. Hounds! lol.gif You CANNOT find it around here!

We use yogurt here too. Mine all love it! Any flavor (though Cash doesn't like "plain" so much).

Remember that it will take a week or two to make a difference in their digestion - just like with people. Try a spoon on their breakfast or dinner and see what they can tolerate.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

My dogs get yogurt with their meal. They prefer Stonyfield French Vanilla, full-fat with cream on top. :rolleyes: In fact Danger will give me a dirty look if his yogurt is missing.

For gas we use acidophiles pills.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest greybookends

Yogurt is wonderful. However every now and again just as in people you will find one who is lactose intolerant and things will get REAL messy. If you are trying it for the first time than just keep an eye on things. Most greys do fine though. As someone else said pumpkin works also.

Mine get yogurt with their breakfast 5 or 6 days a week. They get 2 - 6 ounces at a time. I rarely ever have any digestive issues and they love it- all the flavors. I have found it excellent especially for use during any illness or antibiotic therapy etc. The probiotics I think are very good for them.