July 4Th Safety Tips

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Hi All!

I just received this in my email from one of the adoption groups in the area, and wanted to share. Please have a SAFE July 4th!

http://www.cesarsway.../Fourth-of-July

Another good site!

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/summer_care_tips_for_you_and_your_pets/keep_your_pet_safe_on_july_4th.html

Edited by Energy11

Good article. Thanks for posting.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks for posting this article! This explains why our Ady Bea could totally sleep through any thunderstorm but she cannot stand fireworks ... at all! I always dread the 4th of July because the fireworks spook our horses and scare Ady Bea. Also, some state legislator just got a bill passed in OK that now it's legal to sell fireworks year round. :(

Yes, it's illegal in our town and area, but you'd never know it by all the folks that ignore that law. Grrrrr .... :angryfire

Guest Energy11

Anything that "explodes," is illegal in GA, BUT, they can drive across the border into Tennessee, and get what you want. AND, we get lots of tourists up this way from Atlanta ... NO noise last year, but I noticed a lot of the cabins on the "county" road are already rented! WE have a locking gate that goes across OUR private road, keeping them out! Our neighbors and us, decided on this. THAT helps a lot!

Another good one:

HSUS

Sorry, didn't realize you already posted this one :blush

The first story is so sad, but hopefully eye-opening.

Edited by JenniferS

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest Heehoo

Banker is horrified by thunder unless he has his little coat on, but he runs around the backyard barking at the fireworks as if he's saying They're for me for me for me!!!

Snowy reacted the same way to both.

I always check my yard too for the "spent rounds" that might fly over into the yard. One year Gogh brought the paper wrapping into the house & even though it was empty, I didn't want him chewing on it.

So check your yard for "spent rounds".

Guest Energy11

Banker is horrified by thunder unless he has his little coat on, but he runs around the backyard barking at the fireworks as if he's saying They're for me for me for me!!!

Snowy reacted the same way to both.

I always check my yard too for the "spent rounds" that might fly over into the yard. One year Gogh brought the paper wrapping into the house & even though it was empty, I didn't want him chewing on it.

So check your yard for "spent rounds".

Great advice about checking the yards! None of the stuff inside those firecrackers would be something we'd want our dogs to get a hold of, not to mention the wrappers! Sooo odd how yours react to fireworks! lol.gif