Ez Had Another Seizure

At 3:10 am this morning EZ had another seizure so he did not make 3 months seizure free. This one did not last as long as his other seizures and only last about 30 seconds. Praying now that he does not cluster.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Thank you now it is wait and see if he is going to cluster it is usually in 5 hour intervals. As of right now everything seems normal, all I can say is thank DOG I don't have to work today

Thank you so far so good no cluster. At least was a very mild one compared to his other seizures and shorter in duration. Just wish they would go away for good. He is on 2 grain phenobarbital 2xday and 500mg of KBr 1 x day and medication for hypothyroidism 2 x day. BTW I get me meds from the same pharmacy that has the breakthough in the corn cream and she is much cheaper than CosCo and WalMart and does mail orders. My KBr capsules 4$49/100 and phenobarbital is under $9.00 for 180. His thyroid meds I was paying $8.00 for 60 but she is giving me 100 for $10. No matter what meds you need for your pups check her prices.

Thank you so far so good no cluster. At least was a very mild one compared to his other seizures and shorter in duration. Just wish they would go away for good. He is on 2 grain phenobarbital 2xday and 500mg of KBr 1 x day and medication for hypothyroidism 2 x day. BTW I get me meds from the same pharmacy that has the breakthough in the corn cream and she is much cheaper than CosCo and WalMart and does mail orders. My KBr capsules 4$49/100 and phenobarbital is under $9.00 for 180. His thyroid meds I was paying $8.00 for 60 but she is giving me 100 for $10. No matter what meds you need for your pups check her prices.

We are always here to help solve your medication needs in anyway that we can...whether it be for you or your pets!!

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Thanks for all your continued support!

Erica Trimble, PharmD

Susan Merenstein, R.Ph./Owner

Murray Avenue Apothecary

www.murrayavenuerx.com

Best wishes.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Thanks - spoke to his regular vet and his neurologist - no change in medications as it was a mild one - call if he has another one - regular appointment with his neurologist is for October when he will have his blood work done to check levels of phenobarbital and KBr

Just had another call from EZ's neurologist he said all his blood work was good (I knew that) not to worry but if he seizes again to give him an extra 2 grains of phenobarbital and to call him or the office. He is going to call me in the morning at work to check on him again. Almost 3 months without a seizure is okay. Yes its okay but not for mom as you feel so helpless whem they are having them

Guest LindsaySF

Sorry to hear about the seizure, but 3 months is pretty good! I hope he doesn't cluster. (Do you give extra pheno after a seizure? I do for Sophie to prevent clustering).

Hoping that no news is good news - no more seizures. goodluck.gifgoodluck.gifgoodluck.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank DOG he did not cluster and I did give him a dose of 2 grains of phenobarbital. I did not tell his neuro doctor but when he called this afternoon he did tell me if he seizes again to give him a dose of 2 grains and to call him. I also called his regular vet to report this latest seizure. His neuro vet asked me a few questions:

Anything new, new pets, bright light, sudden noise, new food. Told him no but I forgot to mention those idiots were not shooting off fireworks last night. :lol

I can use ice on him but only if he is over heated after he comes out of the seizure.

good to hear! sending prayers for EZ, Beryl :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway