Please, Keep Ekko In Your Prayers

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyCody

Hope she feels better from her treatment at the vet. They do dehydrate very quickly. Just saw that picture of her, poor baby looks miserable. Gentle hugs.

Ekko did keep down a little of the Purina EN and also drank a little. She's feeling much better and when I came in from checking the mail about an hour ago, she was up and wagging her tail.

I have never had one of my dogs this sick, I would be cleaning up after she threw up, and she was off throwing up in another spot. All bile and water. So many times I lost count.

The vet told me this afternoon that when they were extracting one of the molars she lost, Ekko felt it, even though she was deeply under, her heart started racing. I ould have done without knowing that rolleyes.gif

I am just very grateful she's feeling better, thanks everyone for your support

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Good to hear. Was worried about your girlie. Next time you're at the vet, make sure there's a note in her chart about all this so if she needs to go under again, they can review and change the anaesthesia protocol.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good to hear. Was worried about your girlie. Next time you're at the vet, make sure there's a note in her chart about all this so if she needs to go under again, they can review and change the anaesthesia protocol.

Thanks! But Ekko will not be put under with this vet again, nor will the boys.

She was under for 2 hours and that's a bit ridiculous.

And again, just in case anyone missed it, this is not the vet that was refered to us.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

Two hours is a bit ridiculous! I NEVER, ever saw Dr. B. have dogs for dentals under that long, even with many extractions.

The EN is good food. I keep it here all the time for tummy issues :-) Glad she is feeling better.

Sorry this wasn't the vet you thought it would be, but still glad Ekko is OK.

Oh dear! Hope pretty Ekko is feeling better this evening. I'm so sorry she didn't recover well. Could be the extractions set loose some yucky bacteria too, which exaserbated (sp?) her reaction.

You could try some Ensure too, for some extra nutrition. And Perdialyte (for babies) to help keep her electrolites up after the dehydration.

Here's hoping for a gud night and a better morning.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm glad to hear she ate a bit and wagged her tail, small steps give big relief. I can't believe she felt one of her teeth coming out, that is almost beyond comprehension, I wonder why the vet felt the need to bring it up, it doesn't serve you at all and it doesn't make him look all that good. Oy.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Claudia, How is Ekko doing? Was she able to keep the food and water down this evening? Gentle grouphug.gif and kiss1.gif to her.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm glad to hear she ate a bit and wagged her tail, small steps give big relief. I can't believe she felt one of her teeth coming out, that is almost beyond comprehension, I wonder why the vet felt the need to bring it up, it doesn't serve you at all and it doesn't make him look all that good. Oy.

That one makes Me :angryfire :angryfire ! Even with poor little Meri Carol, who lost All her teeth except One lower canine -- they left that lower canine because it was in so firmly. It has always been my understanding that if they are in that firmly... they shouldn't come out :rolleyes:

I'm also growling over the idea of being Out for Two Hours :blink::angry: for a dental? with only two teeth out. My poor sweet Callie lost 26 teeth at age 11-3/4 and was out less than that....

Ok.. I shaddup.... I get very opinionated, I just feel that a lot of this whole miserable experience falls into the realm of unconscionable. BUT Ekko will be okay and that's #1 priority after all.

:blush :blush :blush Sweet Ekko (couple hugs for Claudia thrown in :rolleyes: )

I will try not to get emotional, but come on! Ok, that's enough of that. Time to concentrate on Miss Ekko. Sure hope the fluids do their magic and tomorrow will be a day much closer to normal - whatever that is! Love that fuzzy girl! Hugs for everyone. Oh, and don't forget Wayne and Lenny, too!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:kiss2 well when i hear things like 2 hours, she felt them pulling out a tooth than i know

why that poor baby is feeling so bad. i am so glad she ate & something stayed down. ok i will :mum

so long as she goes in that direction she will be up to her old tricks. what a horrible day for you.

Ekko this is for you :kiss2

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Claudia, more good thoughts coming your way from the hilltops of Java. I hope Ekko has a better night now that she has had some fluids and meds. Hopefully a good nights sleep will do wonders for a better day tomorrow.

Tessie the Fuzzzzy and Kare Bear send snuggles and heavy body leans too...you've all been through a lot the past couple of days.