Lily (Capers Cher Feb. 1998 - June 20, 2010)

Lilysmom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Lily! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry your sweet girl had to leave you.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so sorry Karen and Guy :( Your tribute was beautiful. I can tell she brought you so much joy and happiness.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest MyBoys

My heart is breaking for you both, I know too well that empty feeling, that void that is left when it is time to let go. It sure sounds like Lilly had a wonderful life and you were all lucky to have found each other. I know the hurt you are feeling now but that will pass and soon you will be able to celebrate her life, remembering all the joy and happiness she brought to you both. Run Free Sweet Lilly :gh_run

Hello,

This is Lilly's Daddy (aka Saint Guy, DH etc...) never did anything like this so bear with my rambling on about my baby girl.

A sad Father's day indeed having to do something that of course is painful and will remain painful for a while.

Though we will go on with our lives and we still have a boy Marx , it's just not the same and the reminders in our home of her are endless.

As I sit here with a tear filled keyboard ( should have put plastic over it atleast) I know that I'm not the only one who has ever had to do this.

She was our first Grey although apprehensive at first, I soon come to realize what the facination is with these loving animals.

I remember the day well going to a meet and greet and the Mrs. wanted to brothers @ first. I said , no let's keep looking . And then out of nowhere she came and changed our lives forever.

Funny how at first she was more attached to my wife just due to my work schedule. They bonded and we had issues with her. Thought for sure that we whould have to bounce her. But for whatever reason and I'm so glad to this day we hung in there, she came to be the best thing in our lives.

When I lost my job and started back to school I was home more and a funny thing began to happen. She bacame Daddy's girl and the rest is history.

Oh the stories I could tell ! She was a little tomboy you must know . Also a fierce hunter in our suburban jungle. To her credit at least 6 bunnies about the same in birds, 1 mole , and various bugs ( I hear they're a great protein source, yuk !) .

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and support in our time of need.

My heart is broken and soon will mend

I know the pain I feel will soon end

To know you are running free up above

I know you feel your daddy's love

Now go baby girl, run through the fields and streams

And when I sleep I'll see you in my dreams

I'll be ok , just don't you worry.

Now go chase that bunny hurry hurry !

My God we miss you !!

Thank you all .

Guy

Oh DH, that was beautiful! What a bond the two of you shared. Thank you for loving her so much. I love you sweety

Oh man, I am bawling all over again here. I'm so sorry for both of you that you had to lose your girl, and so suddenly. It's so clear how very much you both loved her. :grouphug

How is Marx handling it? I hope okay.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl, Lily! Godspeed sweet Lily and may the wind always be at your back. You are so loved and we thank you for helping your mommy during her difficult times. Your job is done on earth so rest in peace and run fast with those hind legs working now at full speed.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest Javasmom

Through tears I write this reply though I honestly don't know what to say. I remember many of the early times with Lily and I remember Marx's stitches. I remember how keen Lily was and boy could she run like the wind. She was definitely a leader. She and my boy Java spent many days together and all three shared a house at Dewey Beach for Greyhounds Reach the Beach, 2003. Lily touched many of our lives and she will be greatly missed. Guy, big hugs. I am so sorry you had to let go of your "baby girl" on father's day. Karen and Guy, believe it or not, having Marx will help heal the pain. I know this. It was ONE OF the worst days of my life when I had to put Java down and then shortly after on the other "worst day of my life", I had to put Bugs down. Having Frodo, Bugs's son, has helped heal that pain but it is still really tough for me to deal with the loss of Java. I think it is because he left a huge hole in my life when he had to leave and there is no other dog to fill it, yet. I miss them so much.

RIP Sweet Lily Bird. Run pain free and you and Java take care of each other. You were such an awesome girl and you are greatly missed. Watch over mommy, daddy and Marx, give them strength, they miss you very much.

Hugs and Love to all 3 of you,

Amy

Guest IrskasMom

I should have put Plastic over my Keyboard to. To Karen and you Guy , I am so deeply sorry about losing Lily.There are just no words of Comfort I can say ,that would make you feel better. In Time it will get better and if you are like me, I choke up and Tears fill my Eyes when I talk about my Irska.

I am so sorry :f_pink:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

Guest GiJenn51

Oh NO!!! I'm am so so sorry that Lily has left you. I'm glad I got to meet her at Bluegrass though. Run free sweet baby girl.. :f_pink

Karen, I am so, so sorry. I am so thankful that I got to meet Lily and Marx and know them from your posts. They have always had a special place in my heart. It's just not fair that dogs don't live as long as we do. I can only hope that somewhere, someplace, Riley is with Lily now too.

Much love,

Lucy

flowers_white.gif