Lily (Capers Cher Feb. 1998 - June 20, 2010)

Lilysmom

I don't know where to begin....

Long ago on a fall day I bent down to pet a silly, beautiful, hellicopter tail wagging brindle girl and she bumped my chin with the top of her head and that was all she wrote :blush A few days later she was home and I was sitting on my back porch watching her explore her yard as I cried happy tears, thanking her and GOD for bringing her to me to save my life in so many ways.

We learned a lot about each other, sometimes we learned the hard way, man do I mean the hard way! :eek;) We figured out she had food,space & sleep aggresion and eventually worked things out. DH also learned that you must keep the gate secure at all times! 2 weeks after arriving to her humble abode DH decided that semi-closing the gate was good enough until Lily went off to the races! OMG it was scary. Poor DH went running after her jumping over bushes like Lily then realizing in mid jump it was on a hill :eek Needless to say he rolled on down that hill and almost into the street (how I wish I had seen that :lol ) We managed to get her put her in the car and poor DH had to walk home cause he was so beside himself and crazed :eek:lol

Lily loved going for car rides, walkies and loved going to Dewey to show off her pretty pinkiness atire. It will be strange this year.

Fast forward to March 2003, Marx comes home and boy did she teach him the rules :eek You can not step on a spunky brindle girls head and not pay the piper! A few stitches later Marx was home and steered clear of doing that again!

Lily was unphased with Marx, but how he depended on her, he had to walk on her right side and needed to know where she was at all times when out and about, of course Lily never noticed his neediness.

Lily was very healthy up until May 2010. Given she was 12 her body was slowing down and she began having rear end issues. This past weekend was horrible, I had to carry her home from a walk Friday morning and then noticed her nose was bleeding. I rushed her to the vet Friday, then again Saturday morning and again Saturday afternoon. She stayed 24 hours at the e-vet for heavy medication and observation. It was gut wrenching to see her in such shape. DH and I went to see how she was doing Sunday morning and it was horrible, she was done, her eyes were telling us it was time to let her go. I could not allow her to suffer so we made the dicision to send her to the bridge. We held her and loved on her and wispered sweet nothing in her ear while she drifted out of our lives.

Lily was here long enough to do what she needed to do and then it was time for us to set her free. But as we all know it's never easy and our hearts are beyond broken. I know in time it will get better but for now the tears won't stop and the heartach goes on which I'm sure it will for a while.

Thank you sweet Lily for making our lives so much better and teaching us so much (especially me) You saved my life and soul in so many ways and for that I will be forever grateful. You daddy is having such a hard time and will miss your bonding sessions where you allowed him to chomp on your face and smooch all over you. Look over us both please sweety. I know Java was there waiting for you, after all he was your hunky brindle boyfriend. All the hounds will take care of you. You are now pain free and young again and able to run like the wind in the soft fluffy clouds.

We love you sweet girl and will miss you forever :( Until we meet again baby girl....

Mommy & Daddy and your silly brother Marx

Praying for all the missing greys!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, princess.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry you had to let sweet Lily go. You gave her the gift of love and understanding. :bighug

Run with the angels Sweet Lily, you are with the very very best ~

Karen, my heart dropped when I saw that Lily's thread in H and M had been locked. She was one of the first hounds I noticed on GT when I joined a long time ago. She always seemed to have such strength and spunk. We will miss her terribly. flowers_red.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest wmlcml6

I am so sorry for your loss. You made me cry, which means you did Lily proud with her remembrance post because I don't do that often.

I am so sorry. Your family's love for Lily is so clear, and you were all so fortunate to have shared each others' lives. grouphug.gif

Godspeed sweet Lily ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a beautiful tribute to your lovely girl. Lily has brought so much to your life and it is clear how dearly you loved her. May you find comfort in the memories of all the wonderful moments you spent with her.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

flowers_pink.gif A beautiful tribute to a special little girl. I am so sorry she had to leave.

God speed to you baby girl, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed. Please watch over those who love you who are left behind with broken hearts.

You now run with all the Angels, who will care for you until you are reunited with your family

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry. Your tribute was beautiful. Hugs to all of you and especially Marx. I hope he is doing okay.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your tribute to your girl was beautiful. Godspeed Lily, you were very loved little one. Watch over your mom and dad and your brother Marx.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest SusanP

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you, DH, and Marx. We just lost our sweet boy, too, and I know how it hurts. But think of the happiness you have given sweet Lily. You gave her the gift of a wonderful life, and that's all any of us could ask in this world. :grouphug

Karen,

I'm so sorry.

Hugs, Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am very sorry you lost your precious Lily. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Run free sweetie, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry. I had been following your post in H&M and was so hoping for a better outcome. Your tribute was beautiful and moving - just like your Lily. May all your memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Lily.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway