Dexter "bumpy"

Guest BradyzMommy

Guest BradyzMommy

Dexter came to us not long after we lost Brady. We were told that there was a large goofy male at the kennel and when we first saw him, we knew he was ours. Dexter brought laughter and fun back into the house. He never had a single accident in the house and learned how to use the doggie door immediately. After a month in the house, it was like he had been there his whole life. Maddi and Penny adored him just as much as we did. He knew how to roo, he knew how to smile, he knew how to "ask" for cookies and overall, he knew how to make us laugh. Even though he had a previous hock injury, he would still play and run at top speed and would often run into us and the girls, almost knocking us over every time. On his first day in our house, he had already established "his" couch and "his" bed. He would sit on his couch in the most uncomfortable positions and fall asleep that way. It would be impossible for me to do him justice by describing him and his life in one paragraph. And to say he was special would be an understatement.

The OS came on quickly and aggressively with what we thought was only a pulled muscle. We made the decision out of love to let him go. We are sure that he is now free from pain and and running and playing with Brady over the Bridge.

We will always love and miss our Dexter "Bumpy".

DEXTER AT COOKIE TIME

DSC01820.jpg

DEXTER SINGING

Buckwheat13.jpg

DSCN1104.jpg

DSC05993.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

Gone far too soon, but always in our hearts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much too young, too sweet, too much loved to leave so soon. My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

cry1.gif I'm so sorry Steph. grouphug.gifflowers_red.gif I know you and Steve are heartbroken. Dexter was a sweet boy (even if he didn't want to put up with the whippet girls wink.gif - could you blame him? crazy.gif ).

I hope you don't mind if I post a few pics of him at the kennel. I think it was a week or two before you and Steve went down to pick him up (the file date is 6-28-08). I took the pics for you but I don't know if I ever sent them to you. Let me know if I didn't and I'll send them......there's a bunch more.

2008_0628Image0200.jpg

2008_0628Image0202.jpg

2008_0628Image0234.jpg

2008_0628Image0232.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Far too young. I am sorry for your loss of Dexter.

Run free Dexter, run free from pain... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

You can see his beautiful soul in his face. I am so very sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry. He was much too young! Loved the videos which show that he was indeed a big, goofy boy. Run pain free at the bridge, Dexter.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry, Steph. This is so unfair. Dexter really had a cool personality, didn't he? flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 What a very special soul... never to be forgotten. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweetheart. Go run like the wind with the angels... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sweet, handsome Dexter; we are so sorry that you had to leave.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds