Lily Is Very Sick

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read that Lily had anesthesia in the last few days? I think it's possible that that could cause the reaction you are seeing. I'd hate to see a family let a pup go because of a reaction that will wear off in a couple of days.

Please remember to breathe. It's easy to forget when you're in the middle of a crisis.

Hugs,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

More prayers and good thoughts for Lily. I hope she is getting better today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I hesitate to throw out more stuff but a bleeding nose can also result from a sinus infection. I am so hoping there is an improvement today.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I've been watching here and hoping for an improved report on Lily. Adding my wishes for a positive outcome from this for Miss Lilly, and grouphug.gif for her mama.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hoping for positive news today. Still praying for her and her Mom.grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I second the breathing for yourself. I tend to panic when I see any of my pups in any sort of distress, and I start thinking I should let them go, etc. But then I take a deep breath and relax a bit and realize that it just might be time to fight for a little while and then everything will be fine again.

Praying that's the outcome for Lily.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Javasmom

Hi Karen, sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Stay strong for Lily. Please keep me posted. :candle:grouphug You are in my thoughts.

Karen, I am just seeing this thread now. Crying as I read through your posts - I wish I could do something for you. Hoping for a positive update soon - please post when you can. We're all pulling for your very special girl. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest bigbrindlebunny

I've been off GT for a few days so I'm just seeing this now. GPA-MD has a Greyhound Guru Vet at a 24/7 kind of a office in Reistertown, Bill Benson, DVM, he's Chief of Staff there. The practice is called Advanced Veterinary Complex. I've taken Pete there for Greyhound specific stuff, he's even got paintings of Greyhounds on the wall in the waiting room.

Sending you positives thoughts from DC.

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this! Sending prayers and white light for Lily. I hope she's doing better today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

We had to let Lily go....she was in bad shape and it was the right decision for her and us. I will post more when I can.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and prayers.

How we will miss you Lily :(

Praying for all the missing greys!