Lily Is Very Sick

I'm hoping she sniffed in a foxtail or some foreign object that will come out. She needs a tiny endoscope up her nose to see if it's a foreign object, especially since something happened to her while she was outside on a walk. It could also be an abscessed tooth or a tumor. I can think of a couple of other things but I don't want to freak you out more than you are. Hope she's fixed up by the time you read this. :goodluck

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Lily at the e-vet for 24 hour observation, they have given her a muscle relaxer and pain meds. It takes a lot to get me riled up and this has done it! I'm scared, very scared. The vet, and I as well as DH once he arrived talked about several things, we have decided to see how she is in the next 24 hrs. All her bloodwork is normal except BUN which was one point below normal range. They are going to run a urinalysis, keep her quite for the night (don't know how that will be possible there was a poor dog there with horrible SA, he howled and barked the entire time I was there.

Lily has not had tramodyl today, only her antiobiotics. I can't remember what her vet gave her for pain this morning (think it was a milder form of something in the morphine family, she didn't want to give morphine since it would knock her out totaly).

We went in to visit her a bit before leaving, she looks terrible, still cant stand :( I can honestly say that if she ramains the same tomorrow we are going to send her to the bridge, I can't let her stay in this condition.

DH and I are exhausted, so upset that Lily feels this bad. I know she will be very well taken care of, I was very impressed with everyone at the E-Vet.

So my friends, our sassy brindle girl needs some serious serious prayers.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

I'm off to have a drink and try to eat a little something.

Praying for all the missing greys!

:candle:hope:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest MnMDogs

Lily has not had tramodyl today, only her antiobiotics. I can't remember what her vet gave her for pain this morning (think it was a milder form of something in the morphine family, she didn't want to give morphine since it would knock her out totaly).

This could be what is causing her unrest. When we were trying to manage Matty's pain after tramadol became inadequate, we were given Buprenex to give to her under her tongue. It was horrible :( She panted and paced (as best she could with 3 good legs) all day long. I hope your girl is better soon.

Guest Energy11

Hope Lily turns the corner and is better by morning!

Yes, YOU and DH, go get a drink, a STIFF ONE, and relax, if you can!

We send you our best!

Guest IrskasMom

Was checking in for an Update ? Sending you Hugs and Prayers for Lily.I will be checking in again tomorrow.

Thinking of good thoughts for you, your DH and Lily

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Karen, you are all in my thoughts. Let's hope that Lily's restlessness was due to the tramadol. In the meantime, try ti get some rest :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Still keeping you in our thoughts. Please do try and get LOTS of rest while she's at the vet's office, so you will have energy to help her if she needs it when she gets to come home :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest wmlcml6

How frightening! I hope your vet can figure out what is hurting Lily so she can be treated and come back home.

I'm always afraid to use pain meds other than rimadyl because you never know if your dog will be the one that reacts badly to it. The vet gave my Annie morphine to do a biopsy just before we lost her to osteo, and I lost a whole day with her because she was so agitated and out of it. I think she would have preferred pain to that, and I would have, too.

Guest LeanneSchatz

Sending all my prayers to Lily and hoping she pulls through. :bighug

We left Lily at the e-vet for 24 hour observation, they have given her a muscle relaxer and pain meds. It takes a lot to get me riled up and this has done it! I'm scared, very scared. The vet, and I as well as DH once he arrived talked about several things, we have decided to see how she is in the next 24 hrs. All her bloodwork is normal except BUN which was one point below normal range. They are going to run a urinalysis, keep her quite for the night (don't know how that will be possible there was a poor dog there with horrible SA, he howled and barked the entire time I was there.

We went in to visit her a bit before leaving, she looks terrible, still cant stand :( I can honestly say that if she ramains the same tomorrow we are going to send her to the bridge, I can't let her stay in this condition.

DH and I are exhausted, so upset that Lily feels this bad. I know she will be very well taken care of, I was very impressed with everyone at the E-Vet.

So my friends, our sassy brindle girl needs some serious serious prayers.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

I'm off to have a drink and try to eat a little something.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sending my prayers! Have the dental xrays been done/looked at yet? I am still praying it's something as easy as an abscessed tooth...