Lily Is Very Sick

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers that the pain medication works and Lily feels better soon. I know how hard it is when your hound is sick.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Hoping this is just a rough patch and that Lily will be feeling better in the next day or so.

I've had plenty of restless nights with Sutra...and sometimes I just wanted to cry because I never knew if it would ever get better. It just took time and patience (it's so difficult to see them restless/in pain and not be able to do anything to help). Sometimes all it takes is time. Stock up on some movies and have a restful weekend with your little stripey girl :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! LILY WON'T LAY DOWN... she laid down for a short bit in the crate, I shut the door, but know all she is doing is standing in the crate panting, I let her out to see if she needed to potty, gave her some water and nothing is helping! She is back in the crate and just standing there...... anyone have any advice??????

Praying for all the missing greys!

I'm not as knowledgeable about pain meds and their side effects as some people here, but could the tramadol and/or residual anesthesia make her more restless?

This may be a wild guess, but years ago, my collie-shepherd Chelsea had lupus, and one of the symptoms was copious nose bleeding.

I really hope you can find some answers, and Lily feels better soon.

Sending prayers for you both.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Dear Lilysmom- I'm so sorry for your little girl. Stay strong for her and if it was my pup I be at the vet till I got an answer. Great advice from burpdog even if I fell behind on house payments, my houndies come first...God bless, give your girl a hug for us.,white lights and prayers. Let us know whats up

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

Karen , I just seen this now.Well you are not back from the E Vet now . I am so sorry you have to go through this. If I can be of any Help to you , count me in. I will check back later on. :blink:

This is terrible, I am so sorry it's all happening. Extra prayers for you both, please have good news!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! LILY WON'T LAY DOWN... she laid down for a short bit in the crate, I shut the door, but know all she is doing is standing in the crate panting, I let her out to see if she needed to potty, gave her some water and nothing is helping! She is back in the crate and just standing there...... anyone have any advice??????

I know you've taken her to the E Vet and I hope and pray you get some help for her. I just wanted to say that when Renie had Tramadol she wouldn't lay down either, just stood and panted. I think restlessness is a side effect for some.

I've just seen this. :hope :hope :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I know you've taken her to the E Vet and I hope and pray you get some help for her. I just wanted to say that when Renie had Tramadol she wouldn't lay down either, just stood and panted. I think restlessness is a side effect for some.

I've just seen this. :hope :hope :hope

:nod It makes Sutra restless and it's hell trying to get him to relax.

Are you physically able to pick her up? Sometimes I have to MAKE Sutra lay down. I put one arm under his butt (kind of in the crook of his knees, hand grasping the outer side of the "butt muscle"), and one arm across his chest, hand grasping the outer side of his opposing shoulder. Lift like you're going to pick her up, but then just flip her on her side, either onto the couch or onto a dog bed, then sit with her and rub her belly and her ears so she won't get up. If you have ice packs, maybe put them under her armpits. If she's been panting, she's probably getting warm.

Edited to add picture:

79647412.jpg

My biceps and triceps have been getting a workout...I don't even need to go to the gym for weight lifting!

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh no....I was so hoping for better news this afternoon.

Many thoughts and prayers that you get some relief for her.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021