Walk Too Much

Guest TikiTime

Guest TikiTime

I didn't hospitalize Tiki. I did cool him off (feet, belly, head). I did get him to drink water (not too cold). The Vet indicated to take his temperature. Rest him and take his temperature to make sure it was normal. We live in Minnesota, but it seems like we get a lot of humid days like Florida. It was breezy but sticky. I think that makes a lot of difference. He doesn't seem to want to drink a lot during or ashortly after his walks. Just when he gets back to his yard. So, I have to gauge the temperature and length. He use to like to walk around the lakes with the other Greys so I'm not sure if he just hasn't had enough trips and is out of shape. He put on some pounds during the winter. Anyway, I'm not taking any chances. He loves car rides and little walks for now.

Kari, can I post a picture from NLGA that I have to Greytalk. I can't seem to get it to work with the directions. Might be a work thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hospitalize Tiki. I did cool him off (feet, belly, head). I did get him to drink water (not too cold). The Vet indicated to take his temperature. Rest him and take his temperature to make sure it was normal. We live in Minnesota, but it seems like we get a lot of humid days like Florida. It was breezy but sticky. I think that makes a lot of difference. He doesn't seem to want to drink a lot during or ashortly after his walks. Just when he gets back to his yard. So, I have to gauge the temperature and length. He use to like to walk around the lakes with the other Greys so I'm not sure if he just hasn't had enough trips and is out of shape. He put on some pounds during the winter. Anyway, I'm not taking any chances. He loves car rides and little walks for now.

Kari, can I post a picture from NLGA that I have to Greytalk. I can't seem to get it to work with the directions. Might be a work thing.

Did you upload the picture to your photo album here on Greytalk? That's the easiest way to do it unless it's on photobucket already.

If you guys want to come over some time- just let me know. It's not too long of a walk for him.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17