Prayers For Bea-Attacked By Her Sister, Sizzle

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Came home to find that Bea had a nasty bite on her paw and her shoulder. She's at the vet right now getting stitched up and taken care of. Her paw is not broken, thank GOD but badly bitten. I don't know what happened today but I learned a valuable lesson about muzzles.......

Please pray for my sweet Bea, she's such an angel and I feel SO guilty about this. I try so hard to protect her from everything and I failed her today.

:cry1

Guest Samantha

Came home to find that Bea had a nasty bite on her paw and her shoulder. She's at the vet right now getting stitched up and taken care of. Her paw is not broken, thank GOD but badly bitten. I don't know what happened today but I learned a valuable lesson about muzzles.......

Please pray for my sweet Bea, she's such an angel and I feel SO guilty about this. I try so hard to protect her from everything and I failed her today.

:cry1

Poor Bea hope she's feeling better soon.

Isnt this like the 3rd time Sizzle has bitten poor Bea now? :angry:

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Lots of prayers for you and Bea, and hopeful thoughts for Sizzle.

Poor Bea hope she's feeling better soon.

Isnt this like the 3rd time Sizzle has bitten poor Bea now? mad.gif

Seriously? Wow, that's depressing.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

prayers for a quick and easy recovery. Hugs for you My bridge angel Psi was my issue dog he sent me to evet 4 diff times 3x with snowman and once with cassie.I just had to make sure he (acutally all of them) were muzzled when I was gone and make sure NO food of any kind left around. Dont beat yourself up it happens just make sure to muzzle from now on

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry that Bea got hurt. I learned the hard way also now everyone is crated or muzzled when I have to run to the store or be gone for any reason and the greys are only out in the yard with each other, all are muzzled and I go out with them. I can't always protect them from everything but getting hurt by another dog is not going to happen again. I hope Bea heals up as well and as quickly as Teddy did. :bighug

Guest PhillyPups

:hope Prayers for quick healing for Bea. :hope

I am a firm believer in muzzles/crates - if one is muzzled they ALL are. I think of muzzles as a safety tool, just like putting a seatbelt on in the car.

Mine are so used to muzzles and me going to work, whan I have their muzzles over my wrist, they lift their head as I approach them so I can put them on.

Not being there, no one knows what set it off so neither of the dogs can be "blamed". They are being dogs, doing what dogs do.

You may want to crate Bea while she is healing.

I only hope that a lesson is learned.here.

Please keep us posted.

Guest K9Cookies

I hope Bea heals up quickly. :hope We've dealt with this too. Absolutely muzzle all the time now...don't even think if you leave the house for 5 minutes, it's not a big deal. There have been times when a thought like that has crossed my mind, but it's so not worth it. Definitely protect your dogs. They don't mind muzzles.

Keep us updated on Bea. :goodluck

Guest Energy11

Sending prayers and hugs for Bea!

When Oakly first came to us, he ended up attacking my Curfew three times, ... each time, not too serious, and I was able to handle it myself, but, we never left them alone together after that. When we both worked, we used to muzzle all of them, because, you never know. To this day, I don't leave Oakly alone with any of mine, even though he has mellowed.

Muzzles rule in these cases.

I am sure Bea will be ok. Sending both of you a huge hug, too!

Guest LeanneSchatz

Thank you all! She slept last night and ate a bit this morning. The vet said that it looks a lot worse than it is and she will be ok.

She will be crated while she recovers and yes, it's muzzles from now on, no matter how long I am gone.

Sizzle is very concerned by Bea's state and she's been following her everywhere.

:heart

Poor babe. Hope she makes a quick, easy recovery.

Yeah, we muzzle or separate when we're out too. You just never know what they're going to argue about or who's going to decide not to back down just this once. Hard lesson but no guilt, OK? Just forward from here.

Big hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hey, it happens to the most experienced greyhound owners. I'd definitely muzzle or crate them while you're away. You never know what sets them off. Don't feel guilty, just look at it as one of life's lessons.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee