Sunny

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

Sunny went peacefully to the bridge this afternoon - about 5 months after being diagnosed with cutaneous lymphoma. In true Sunny fashion he passed from this life to the next with vanilla milkshake on his breath! :)

My life with Sunny started when a rescue group in Houston, TX found a litter of 10 puppies under a bridge, starving and about ready to die. My cousin (who I was living with while going to school) and I adopted Luna at 8 weeks old, in October 2001 and in January went back to adopt one more dog. There sat Sunny and Briley the only ones from the litter who weren't adopted yet. We volunteered to be their "foster" family which lasted all of a week until we officially adopted them. And they really have not been apart for more than a night on two separate occasions since. When I moved back home to Washington State I brought all three with me. Sunny was one of those dogs that LOVED everyone and every dog he ever meet. He was truly a special loving boy. People would ask for him by name when they didn't even have a clue what my name was.

Although my heart is broken and I already miss him terribly, I also feel at peace because I know Sunny is ok now. He is no longer sick but is running and playing at the bridge and I am sure he already has lots of friends showing him around. I know I will see him again. I know he is back to his happy self. Until we are back together again, run with the angels Sunny, you will be forever loved by me and many others.

flowerhead.jpg

Sunnymem1.jpg

Sunnymem5.jpg

Sunnymem9.jpg

This was taken at Zali's 2nd birthday party in April when Sunny was in remission - he kept stealing Zali's toy crab and taking it inside!

Sunnymem15.jpg

Sunnymem14.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing like a fine shelter dog, is there? Sunny....rest well sweet boy!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest dobiegrey

I was just thinking about Sunny tonight and wondering how he was doing. He is better now, and pain free and feeling wonderful again. I know you miss him and always will, but you did everything you could for him and he knew for 9 years he was loved and that is all any dog ever wants! God Bless and run free sweet Sunny.

Lou

Oh, Holli. I am so sad and sorry to read of the passing of your sweet, special boy, Sunny.

Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running with the wind.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry he had to leave, that boy has the greatest face, gentle and kind.

God speed to you handsome boy, knowing how very much you will always be loved.

Please continue to watch over those who love you and are left behind with broken heats.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. You have such wonderful memories of Sunny, and you "done right" by him. grouphug.gif He reminds me of someone I used to know and love.

Godspeed Sunny. Good dog. kiss1.gifflowers_white.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always loved looking at pictures of Sunny. Do you have more you can post?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Sunny was one of a kind. I am sorry for your loss of this sweet boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Holli, my heart sank when I saw Sunny's name. No dog was ever more loved and I'm so so sorry You're going to miss him. He is out of pain now, and I'm so glad to hear that that thought comforts you. :grouphug

Run free, Sunny! :f_yellow

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sunny had the most beautiful face - I would have kissed him incessantly if he were mine. Godspeed Sunny! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis