Argos At Agility Drop In Runs

Guest ScottH

Guest ScottH

This video is 2 minutes long with a full run by Argos. You can hear his little brother whining in the background, and it did cause him to break concentration. We are still working on the full focus part.

These are drop in runs at the local training center. You pay $10.00 and get to do three full runs in about an hours worth of time, depending on how many dogs are there and how often the jump heights are changed.

We are keeping Argos at 16" jumps for now until he has a better grasp on where his rear feet are in relation to his body. We then can push the jump height up closer to his level.

Argos has been doing Agility for almost 2 years now. At first it was just something to occupy his mind and to grow our bond. The last few months we have started getting a little more serious as he really does enjoy running the courses.

The drop in runs are nice as most all the dogs and owners there are experienced Agility people who give very helpful tips and pointers. I think we have learned more since the formal classes have ended and we are working with the experienced Agility dogs and owners.

If this keeps up, I might someday try and enter him in an AKC sanctioned Agility Event.

During the video, you will see he jumps too high on to the A-Frame and was leaping off early. He was missing the contact areas. Each time, I made him come back and do it again, slower, to make sure the contacts were hit. He also missed the last weave poles. His brother was right in his line of sight and whining hard. I also cut in front of him awkwardly, causing him to break concentration and look at his brother. After two attempts, we got back on course to finish.

Still much polishing to be done, but our teamwork is getting there.

Another local greyhound, Ziva graduated Beginners Agility this morning and local Johnny B is starting soon. We are showing everybody that retired greyhounds racers can do this too!

Guest goofydog

Good on you for getting Argos out there! Both of you are improving and before long you'll be competing together.

Now we need to work on getting GH flag for you to hang from the rafters. Kept looking and didn't see one :colgate

EEK! That's greyt! :yay:yay:yay I love seeing him go!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest happygrey

Awesome! :rollin I think Bentley would like to try this. Do you know of any places that offer it on the N. Shore? (I'm assuming you are doing this south of the city based on your location.)