Update-Dexter Has Osteosarcoma

Guest BradyzMommy

I am so very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1

sending prayers for a peaceful crossing for your sweet boy :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. Prayers that his passing be peaceful and he will no longer be in pain.:grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thank you for doing the right thing for Dexter, no matter how hard it is on you. It just shows your true love and caring for Dexter. I know how devestating this is for you. I'm so sorry.

Connie

I'm so very sorry you've had to make this decision. Sending love, hugs, and peace to your sweet baby Dexter.

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

I'm so sorry. I lost my boy to Osteo almost 1 year ago. I also decided to release him from the pain. You are doing the right thing. I know how much it hurts though. ((((HUGS))))

Keeping you in my thoughts today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I've been thinking of you guys this morning. grouphug.gif I know it's hard, but you are giving Dexter the ultimate gift of your love by setting him free of his pain.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Even though it is so unbearably sad and difficult for you, you know you are doing what is best for Dexter. And you are making it as calm and peaceful for him as possible.

I know you've been through so much heartache, and this loss brings that back as well.

Sending prayers and white light to you Steph. I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry :cry1 :cry1 7e8d1c6e.gif:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyt2love

I'm so sorry. weep.gif It seems so little to say when the hurt is so huge.grouphug.gif You did what was best for your boy and that is what we always promise them we will do for them.

Guest Gingergrey

Hugs to you for all you are going through right now. You did what was right for him. That is very admirable. I wish you

peace at this very difficult time. :bighug Bless you both.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Hugs to you :grouphug I fear that the time will come all too soon for us to let Sutra go as well. His osteo has not been terribly aggressive, but I fear it's gaining ground now. I just hate cancer. It takes too many.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest VaGreymom

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending you strength, hugs and many prayers as you go through this difficult time.

Run Free Sweet Dexter.