Update-Dexter Has Osteosarcoma

Guest BradyzMommy

:cry1 I'm heading to Rancho Cucamonga on Sunday...can I stop by?

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest jettcricket

...and yet another precious hound with osteo. Damn it...I hate this disease. sad.gif

Stephanie...I'm so sorry. Prayers for more quality time with your boy and hugs to you. grouphug.gif

I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry. Damn... Way too many of our hounds are falling victim to this awful disease! I won't pretend to understand what you guys and all the other families who are dealing with this right now are going thru, (knock on wood) we haven't been there yet... :(

So he is on ace, tramadol, and buprinex? Is he a nervous hound? Ace is primarily a tranquilizer; it does not have analgesic properties. Tramadol, while it is an excellent pain reliever, can tend to make hounds (and people) "jittery" maybe that's why the ace? You might ask your vet about a different cocktail, maybe something like tramadol-gabapentin-deramaxx? Not to second guess your vet, of course; just something to keep in mind that if one protocol doesn't seem to be working, it's OK to ask for a change. I am just so sorry this is happening. :grouphugf_yellow

I am so sorry. Hoping for much quality time with your special boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry.

FWIW, our Perri's getting gabapentin and amantadine for unexplained nerve and muscle pain. It helps her a lot and I know it's also used successfully for osteo.

I hope it turns out to be Valley Fever. :(

Steph, my heart is breaking for you and Dexter. Please let us know how he's doing, and how you are doing.

You're both in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest BradyzMommy

Dexter is now home and resting as comfortably as possible. He has a very aggressive form of osteosarcoma. We have decided that the best thing to do is release him from the incredible pain that he is experiencing. Our vet will come to our house tomorrow morning and we will send Dexter to the bridge where he will meet up with Brady.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and support.

I am so sorry. How we all hate osteo and what it robs us of. My thoughts are with you and Dexter.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com