Separation Anxiety

Guest mhalton

Guest mhalton

Update;

It looks like Kay may have found a perfect match for us :yay and get this, her name is Duchess! That could make for some potential future confusion. :lol: "Here Dutch, I mean Duchess, uh okay, both of you!"

Here's a link;

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16406841

I am waiting to connect with foster mommy now. Oh I really hope this is exactly what my sweet boy needs to be happy! :goodluck

This is awesome news that Dutch just needed a buddy. I hope that it works out with Dutchess. Keep us updated.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest SusanP

What a happy thread! Will Dutch get to meet Duchess before the adoption to see how they like each other? This sounds like a win-win situation for both Dutch and Duchess, not to mention you humans in the family!

She's beautiful and sounds like she has the same personality my Emmy did. It took her forever to get adopted because she was just so happy to see people, she would jump and run around and people thought she was to active. The day she came home she was so calm and relaxed. Hopefully Duchess is exactly the same way and she and Dutch get along famously! I've got my fingers crossed for you!:goodluck

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest mhalton

We are taking the whole family to meet Duchess at 3:30 today. I'm so excited I could just dance around in circles and wag my tail! ;)

Guest 4dogscrazy

We are taking the whole family to meet Duchess at 3:30 today. I'm so excited I could just dance around in circles and wag my tail! ;)

I'm so happy for you guys! I checked her out on Monica's page...she is a beauty!

Guest dutchmcshane

AWESOME!! Argus can't wait to meet his new cousin!!! WOO-HOO!!

:offwall :offwall :banana :banana :clap :clap :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1:confetti :confetti :yay :yay

Guest Lgyure85

The only things that helps our girl is the DAP collar (dog appeasing pheremone), combined with "calming tabs." She still isn't perfect either. We got a Boston Terrier, and she stopped crying, but she still tears everything up. We can't crate her for the same reason you can't crate your boy. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope things get better!

Guest mhalton

I hope you are able to find a workable solution. For Dutch he was destructive around our house until we limited him to 1 room but I remember those days of coming home from work, wondering what was going to be torn apart now... you love your pup so much but your stress level is through the roof!

The only things that helps our girl is the DAP collar (dog appeasing pheremone), combined with "calming tabs." She still isn't perfect either. We got a Boston Terrier, and she stopped crying, but she still tears everything up. We can't crate her for the same reason you can't crate your boy. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope things get better!

Guest PhillyPups

Looking for an update on the Royal relatives - the Dutch and Duchess of Lancaster County. Everything is crossed for you.

I was checking on a boy from Florida for you, Uri, but looks like it is all under control. :)

It works here with 2 Donnies, DonnieDude and DonJuan. :lol

Guest mhalton

Good Morning Everyone!

After a very exciting evening of bringing home our new little girly hound Duchess (now renamed Diva) things are starting to settle down here.

Diva is a very energetic, beautiful girl and a very fast learner that is eager to please. I am so proud of how quickly she is learning to adjust to our household. She crates very well and today I am going to use that to start some alone training before I have to go back to a full day at work starting Thursday. I really don't think we're going to have a problem.

I will get some pictures posted soon!

Guest twhitehouse

I haven't read any of the other replies, but after reading your post I truly feel for you and what you've gone through. It's exactly what we went through with our first...Lexi. Everyone knows us on here as the dog with really bad SA. :lol We tried everything, like you and had success on medication for awhile (about 5-6 months). However, this past winter she started having set backs. Setbacks that were worse than before we even put her on medication. Out house looked like a tornado when we came home everyday. One day when there was blood everywhere, it was the last I could take of it. Poor Lexi.

Prior to Lexi's setbacks we had been thinking about adopting another, but like you had read that it might not really help our situation. When Lexi's SA started coming back, I said "whatever" and decided to adopt a 2nd because WE wanted one...not because it would help Lexi. However, we were VERY careful in adopting the 2nd. We worked with an awesome group (Amazing Greyz in MA) and they truly know their dogs and were willing to listen to our situation. We made sure we got a very very confident dog who would go with the flow and we made sure that Lexi liked her as well.

Now you're probably wondering....did adopting Tess help Lexi? YES!!! Since we adopted Tess, Lexi has been doing amazing. After a couple of weeks of having Tess we took Lexi off her medication and she has been perfect ever since... about 3 months now. She no longer gets tense whenever we're about to leave. I don't come home to chewed woodwork, chewed doorknobs, or scratches around the windows where she tried to get out of the house. I no longer come home to blood or urine everywhere. And I no longer cry everyday because I don't know what else to do for Lexi.

Lexi still has her quirks and will always be a nervous dog, but Tess' go with the flow, laid back personality has done wonders in this house!

Bottom line is, greyhounds are pack animals and like have other dogs around. They've always had them around and some find it very difficult to live "alone" once they're adopted. My recommendation would be to borrow a friends greyhound or other dog for a while and see if it helps your dog. Also, if you do decide to adopt, make sure you work with a group who knows about your situation and get a confident dog. I wish you all the luck and please keep us updated on what you do.

:)

Guest mhalton

Diva1stnighthome-2.jpg?t=1276606970

th_Diva1stnighthome.jpg?t=1276607079

We think Dutch and Diva are getting along pretty well, how about you! :lol

Sorry about the quality of the pics, it's from a phone.

Guest dutchmcshane

We think Dutch and Diva are getting along pretty well, how about you! :lol

Sorry about the quality of the pics, it's from a phone.

I'm bringing the big digital SLR tonight so we'll be sure to get some better photos of your new girl. She is, after all, a Diva so she should have her picture taken often!! :star

... and I gotcha covered on that one my friend! :thumbs-up

That is just awesome. Looks like all Dutch needed was a Diva of his own.:wub:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Michelle, I just got all choked up seeing the picture. Happy tears!

What a beautiful pair! I hope your family can now settle down to a quiet routine, without the fears of what might happen next. That's a difficult way to live. Very draining emotionally.

May your home now be filled with laughter, love, peace and serenity.heart.gif I think your family deserves it. And finally Dutch can lay to rest all his anxieties.

chip.jpg And WELCOME HOME DIVA!!! confetti.gif

Guest mhalton

Oh I really hope so! I did some alone training today and I had a knot the size of a small country in my stomach the entire time, waiting for the howling, crying and barking that never came. Every-pup was peaceful, everything is fine so far. I will increase my time away and out of site tomorrow but I'm slowly learning to trust again to. We are all a little emotionally scarred here but I have faith that thanks to a little Diva of our own we will all heal!

Michelle, I just got all choked up seeing the picture. Happy tears!

What a beautiful pair! I hope your family can now settle down to a quiet routine, without the fears of what might happen next. That's a difficult way to live. Very draining emotionally.

May your home now be filled with laughter, love, peace and serenity.heart.gif I think your family deserves it. And finally Dutch can lay to rest all his anxieties.

chip.jpg And WELCOME HOME DIVA!!! confetti.gif