This Is Lucie

Guest iLoveLucie

Guest PatDE

Robin and I are new here too. She is like Lucie, she loves to charge up and down the stairs. We have vinyl flooring at the top of the first landing and she often skids. I think she likes it, but we try to slow her down to prevent tumbling into the walls. They learn so fast to do things the "right" way. My husband worked with Robin to look at him as she descends. If he points right, she goes to her bed when she gets downstairs. If he points left, she goes to the door to go out for a walk. Hope your Lucie develops wonderful habits with you two!

Guest iLoveLucie

She was supposed to run in Wisconsin, but when they shut down the track there they sent many dogs to Florida - I think couple of her litter mates too. The rescue group we worked with was able to get many dogs back up north for adoptions when their careers were over. Lucie's did not last long, lucky for us :)

We met her brother in a greyhound training class in the area - he looks exactly like her!! But he was a little more shy... Lucie is really an outing going girl!

Guest IrskasMom

HELLO and WELCOME to GT. greenwave.gifgreenwave.gifgreenwave.gif Yep ,you are so right about the special Dogs and the special People.

Time will create many more Questions that you want to know and we are here for you . Pictures are always great to see.

Since there is one more to GREET . WELCOME Pat and Robin , nice to see you here to greenwave.gifgreenwave.gifgreenwave.gif

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest buttonwillow

Welcome, your Lucie looks a bit like my Josie, who I've now had for three whole weeks!

I think I've been a little freaked out since I got her worrying about whether she would be happy here and if I could properly care for her but I'm starting to relax now and she's just a perfect angel. So don't worry if you worry :rolleyes:

Here she is yesterday at the Sutro baths in San Francisco.

Josie at the Land's End Trail

Enjoy Lucie and ask all your questions here :) You'll get lots of answers :lol

Edited by buttonwillow

• 2 weeks later...