This Is Lucie

Guest iLoveLucie

Guest iLoveLucie

This is Lucie! She is a 2.5 year old brindle, who ran a few races but never won. So she retired early and came to live with my husband and I. She is very friendly, curious, and smart. We were worried at first as we learned Greyhounds may not know how to climb stairs and we live on the 4th floor, no elevator. The wonderful people who fostered Lucie worked with her and she picked it up right away. Now we just have to work with her on slowing down sometimes so she doesn't drag us up and down them every time we go out :)

We are so excited to have Lucie join our family. We are also excited to be part of the Greyhound Community! We have been so impressed with all the kindness and support from our local organization and in reading through this site I'm seeing much of the same. It seems like Greyhounds are a special breed of dog and their owners are a special group of humans.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here on GreyTalk!

Now I'll try to add a pic:

31729_1496516734355_1277218192_1372627_84028_n.jpg

Welcome to GT! Lucie is gorgeous, I love her dark face. You are in for many wonderful experiences and adventures with her. I brought my girl home at age 2.5 a little less than two years ago so I can really relate -- and yes, the greyhound community is wonderful and provides a lot of fun and enrichment to one's life!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Oh my gosh, she's beautiful! I love her dark face. She's a young one which explains her enthusiasm! What a sweetie!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest how888

She is just stunning!! She looks so precious. She looks like she is enjoying her retirement too. What a darling greytalk name you have!! Welcome and I am Linda and just got my BULLET this week... He is just learning steps and all. Just came from the track..

Welcome to you & Lucie! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your beautiful girl! Oh, & seeing lots of pictures. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest iLoveLucie

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to add more pics and I know I will be posting lots of questions; every day is filled with new experiences... most of them are fun & enjoyable but sometimes I'm left scratching my head trying to decipher this whole new world! It is so great to have this wealth of resources to help provide tips and share their experiences.

Edited by iLoveLucie

Guest Samantha

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to add more pics and I know I will be posting lots of questions; every day is filled with new experiences... most of them are fun & enjoyable but sometimes I'm left scratching my head trying to decipher this whole new world! It is so great to have this wealth of resources to help provide tips and share their experiences.

Welcome from the UK, your lucky ive had Maddison 2 months now and she just hasn't even attempted the stairs :lol:. Lucie is beautiful! :wub:

Wow, Lucie sure is a beauty!!!

Congratulations, and welcome from Gainesville, FL!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome...Lucie is so beautiful...you are right, greyhounds are very special...and so are the folks here on GT.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 3 weeks later...