Thank Dog For Recall

I was preparing for my garage sale and was just bringing the doggies in from there walk.

I unhooked leash and usually Lou sprints up garage stairs and into house. He was so excited when he saw the car not in its usual place- He started to walk out of garage and everytime I moved forward he moved forward ready to bolt. I immediately stood still, lease in had and called him to me- he came and I was able to leash him-

Not a good way to start out the morning. :eek

So greytalkers, practice, practice, practice recall- one never knows.

Guest Bang_o_rama

A friend had a loose greyhound situation recently and did something very clever; she ran away from her hound. The dog of course thought this was a very cool game and chased her down.

~D~

One of mine managed to slip out the front door when someone went to answer a caller. She thought it was a game not letting me come near enough to catch her collar so I walked back to the van and opened the back doors, and within about 5 seconds the dog was in the van waiting to be taken somewhere interesting! Dogs always like to 'trade up'.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Sounds like you realized something today, dont unleash your hounds until inside the house, not just inside the garage...

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Good on you for teaching recall and Good Boy Lou :wub:

Teaching recall is never a bad thing, point proven right here in this post :)