Haven't Been On The Forum In A While....

Today at ~11:30am, I received what seemed like a punch in the gut and the vet confirmed that Tag had Osteocarcoma. He's only 6 1/2 years old, he'll be 7 in November. I've only had him at home for 3 years, although I was fortunate enough to spend time with him in his racing kennel from the moment he came in at 18 months. I just can't believe it..... he is such a happy, outgoing hound..... I will wrap my mind around this and do what he needs me to do over the next several months but right now... today... my stomach hurts and all I want to do is cry. I know there are so many others out here that have dealt with this and I know that you guys are the best bunch there is.

Thank you for letting my cry on your shoulders and for your support.

Kelly

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg

I have been there and done that. I am so very sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh man, I'm so very sorry. He's so young! My prayers are with you both.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am sorry to hear about Tag's diagnosis...he is far, far too young. Whatever your decision we are here and will help in way we can.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Smiley

Oh no, I am so, so sorry to hear this. We've lost 2 to OS this year so I completely understand how heartbreaking this diagnosis is. We are all here for you and you are not in this alone!

Oh no, Kelly. I'm so sorry and I'm always here if you need me or anything. Chris was just LAST night asking me if I ever heard from/about you any more and now I have to tell him this :( I wish I was there to hug you

Lake Jackson, Texas

I am so sorry to see your news - and yes, 6 1/2 is very young. I received Foley's worst news this past Friday - she has about 6 weeks left - my first time dealing with OC in a Grey. I join you and the other posters who have received this news recently (there seem to be so many these past few days) in this most dreadful of journeys - may we all take comfort in the good times we have had and may still have with our sweet babies.:heart:grouphug

Edited by Pepsi2004
pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

That's so unfair :cry1:(:ohno I am so terribly, terribly sorry.

Sending many hugs for strength :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We went through this a year ago with Cosmo. She was only 7. I am so sorry for you and Tag.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Hi Kelly, it's good to see you here again, but I wish it was not under these circumstances. My heart is broken for you. I recently lost Riley to OS at age 11. 6 is way too young, but I am hopeful that due to his age you will have a lot more time together. We are all here for you :grouphug

Edited by RileysMomma

Guest bigorangedog

So very sorry to hear about your boy. We had 5 with OS this past year. If you are thinking of amputation, take a look at the link in my signature, and maybe it will help you make your decision. If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask! Sending many good thoughts your way.

This is not a club I really wish to welcome you, or anyone to.

I don't know what your plan is, whether pain management or amp. But I would like to let you know that Diamond had 6 fantastic pain free months post amp. She handled the chemo great. Little side effect, with just one day under the weather, where her appetite was diminished. She was 2 weeks shy of her 12th BD when she had the surgery.

The cancer returned in another leg, never metatesized to the lungs.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever course you choose. Remember whatever you do is out of love.