Jack Is Limping....

Ever since we got back from our trip, Jack's been limping a bit. My friend, who watched the dogs, said he was fine at her house. Now, he acts like he doesn't want to put full weight on his left rear leg....what could this be, besides the obvious, which it CAN'T be...it just CAN'T.

When I feel his foot, toe by toe, he doesn't wince...nor when I palpate the leg. But he doesn't want to bear full weight.

What is it like when they have a corn? His pads look OK, no bumps or anything.

And how long till I take him to the vet? This is since Monday....it's not terrible, by any estimation, just not quite right. Maybe he just landed wrong when he jumped out of the car when coming home??

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

If he isn't bearing full weight on it, I'd take him soon just to be on the safe side. Fingers crossed he just pulled a muscle.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If Jack is favouring it that much, I would take him in. It could be nothing and let's hope that's what it is.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

A few years back Brandi was limping on front leg to the point she could not even walk down the drive way. Took her in for x-ray and it was a bone chip and very easy to fix. Our holistic vet did prolotherapy, 6 sessions. After the first session we saw an immediate improvement. Hoping it is something minor that can be fixed right away.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

One week later, he's still limping. I was really hoping it was from jumping out of the car when we brought him back home, but it's not getting better.

I'm taking him in shortly to get looked at....

Please pray for Jack (and me). He just can't be *sick*....

Did you all hear that sigh of relief???

Jack has a corn! Yes, that's it, a corn! The one tech said, "some people think those are really bad"....but compared to what MIGHT have been, a corn I can deal with! The vet hulled it out, and I'm going to call the drugstore in PGH about the special ointment....

WHAT A RELIEF!! My boy is OK!! :confetti

Fantastic news! Hopefully the cream will work for you! Whew! Huge sigh of relief!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That is awesome news!!! A corn is bad but nothing like the other...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greytloves

Thank goodness.

I had my Jack X-rayed last year when he had a limp for awhile. Once you have dealt with OS you become super, super paranoid. Your vet and non-greyhound friends may think you are over reacting, but here we are all with ya.

So glad it was just a little ole' corn!

Okay, sigh of relief....

Hoping the hulling and cream will help, and he's not in any more pain.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow! That was quite a roller coaster ride! Ok, deep, cleaning breath, iiinnnnnn and oooouuuutttt. Thank doG it's only a corn!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Paige12

So happy it was a corn!! There's a lot of good info about hulling them on the internet!! That is so wonderful that it was just that!!

Guest ronansmom

Jack has a corn! Yes, that's it, a corn! The one tech said, "some people think those are really bad"....but compared to what MIGHT have been, a corn I can deal with! The vet hulled it out, and I'm going to call the drugstore in PGH about the special ointment....

Ronan has had trouble with corns. I've soaked his paw and applied KeraSolv. You refer to a "special ointment." is there a different cream you use?

Ronan has had trouble with corns. I've soaked his paw and applied KeraSolv. You refer to a "special ointment." is there a different cream you use?

See this thread. This is what I've ordered (not here just yet). Corn thread

Guest jettcricket

WHAT A RELIEF!! My boy is OK!! confetti.gif

Phew....so happy to hear!!!!