Doesn't Like Squeakies Anymore?!

Guest Jubilee251

Guest Jubilee251

These dogs are so funny. It took Molly about 2 weeks to play with a toy. A month ago, she would just lie on her bed and chew on her squeaky toy NONSTOP while we were watching TV. SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK.

For some reason, she is no longer a fan of the squeakers. She'll play a little bit with her non-squeaky stuffed toys. But I tried to engage her with her former favorite squeaky bunny yesterday - I squeaked it once, she looked at me, and promptly got up and walked out of the room. :blink::rolleyes:

What's up with this? Anyone else have a dog not found of the squeakers?

They get bored. Give your pup a new toy or 2 over the next couple of weeks. Each time you introduce a new toy, put one of the others away where it can't be seen or found. Rotate toys every few weeks to keep it interesting. We have a full toy box, and a hidden stash of toys that are re-circulated through the box from time to time.

Every time we get an old toy out that has been missing for a while, it's like getting a brand new toy all over again.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Linusmom

These dogs are so funny. It took Molly about 2 weeks to play with a toy. A month ago, she would just lie on her bed and chew on her squeaky toy NONSTOP while we were watching TV. SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK.

For some reason, she is no longer a fan of the squeakers. She'll play a little bit with her non-squeaky stuffed toys. But I tried to engage her with her former favorite squeaky bunny yesterday - I squeaked it once, she looked at me, and promptly got up and walked out of the room. :blink::rolleyes:

What's up with this? Anyone else have a dog not found of the squeakers?

My big boy has always had an aversion to sqeakers. (And I had purchased several before bringing him home, having heard that Greyhounds loved them.) He'll tentatively pinch a toy with his teeth, and if it squeaks he puts it gently back in his toy basket. He has a favorite Teddy Bear, which does have a squeaker, but he has learned to pick it up so gently that it doesn't squeak. (We won't even talk about the screaming monkey one of his biggest fans gave him several Christmases ago. When that migrates to the top of the basket, he comes and asks for help removing it!)