What Are These Spots On My Grey's Ears?

Guest Jollybug

Guest Jollybug

I have had Jolly since Dec. and he has had these spots on his ears. They are usually toward the tips. Round with a scab that forms on it. They will just appear. Does anyone know what this is? You may need more info. Please ask!

Could be a number of things - do you have pictures?

Could be sarcoptic mange, could be some sort of contact dermatitis, could be something autoimmune.

Have you been to a vet for a skin scraping?

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Jollybug

Could be sarcoptic mange, could be some sort of contact dermatitis, could be something autoimmune.

I have tried to take a pic, but not coming out. Yes I have been to the vet and had a scraping done. Nothing! It starts out as a bump and then scabs over. The vet thinks maybe an allergy to food. I have changed his food and it seems to be happening less.Weird.

Guest Furmom

I have tried to take a pic, but not coming out. Yes I have been to the vet and had a scraping done. Nothing! It starts out as a bump and then scabs over. The vet thinks maybe an allergy to food. I have changed his food and it seems to be happening less.Weird.

How old is the dog? We really need to see pics...

My boy has that. It is only a few spots here and there and they don't seem to bother him so the vet and I decided not to worry about them. If they are bothering your hound maybe some vitamin e or other moisturizing cream can sooth it so he stops scratching which will hopefully stop the cycle. It's worth a try to see if it works.

Guest Jollybug

My boy has that. It is only a few spots here and there and they don't seem to bother him so the vet and I decided not to worry about them. If they are bothering your hound maybe some vitamin e or other moisturizing cream can sooth it so he stops scratching which will hopefully stop the cycle. It's worth a try to see if it works.

Thank you. They're not bothering him so I will just not worry about them!