Lip Quivering

Guest UtahCoyote

Guest UtahCoyote

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum. I'm the mom of a beautiful 4 year old black girl who I adopted 6 months ago. I've noticed that sometimes her bottom lip quivers, and I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to be related to any emotional or physical state. It doesn't seem that she's cold or scared. Do other greys do this? Any ideas for me?

Thanks! :colgate

Guest 4dogscrazy

:lol They do other stuff too for no reason! Mine chatter their teeth when they are excited, you can hear them clicking from other rooms. Only one of mine "smiles" at me when I get home. He will also talk back to me when he wants something and gets mad when I tell him to go lay down, he can be a pest!!

So I don't think it's anything to worry about, she's probably just excited to see you and is happy. I think she may end up chattering her teeth eventually too!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Nothing to worry about :)

Our boys, when they smell something of interest (female dog pee) their whole bottom jaw quivers.

and WELCOME to GT :)

My guess is its an excitable thing. She probably does it when she is exciited. Cassie does as well as her teeth chatter

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest Samantha

Mine does this when she's excited, when she gets really excited, say like when i arrive home her teeth chatter.

Welcome to the cult that is GT :colgate

Guest Sweetreba

Nothing to worry about :)

Our boys, when they smell something of interest (female dog pee) their whole bottom jaw quivers.

and WELCOME to GT :)

Ditto here. Thats when Petey does it too. He use to teeth chatter but now it is just lip quiver.

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum. I'm the mom of a beautiful 4 year old black girl who I adopted 6 months ago.

Welcome!

I have to say, this made me laugh!

colgate.gif

My dog's chin/lips quiver when he's excited. Nothing to worry about.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest EmilyandSioux

Welcome to the "GT Family". Sioux's whole bottom jaw quivers and his back legs shake and make his toenails hit the tile floor. It is so funny. That is one way they show they are happy. They also spin around in circles in front of you and sometimes bark too.

Guest SusanP

All that aside, if the dog is doing this when s/he is not excited, I would be watchful. Neurological problems can present with tremors of the jaw and other body parts. If it happens only when she is happy and excited about something, though, I'd figure it's just as everyone above is saying.

What Heather said and when they get really excited, their teeth chatter!:lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest jettcricket

My baby girl Hollie does it a lot....she's happy and excited. I just kiss her on her mouth about a half a dozen times.....until she stops. lol.gif

Guest UtahCoyote

Thanks everyone for your kind and helpful replies. I'm glad to know that she's happy and/or excited. I want her to have a happy dog life in retirement!