Kevin....most of you know all about him. He's doing really, really well and I'm so proud of him but we have one (maybe two or three) lingering issues that we're working on. This one is towels...he doesn't like to be dried off. All of my others love the "body rub" but he wants no part of it. I can dab him off but when if I try to do anymore, he gives his low growl....not ugly but enough to let me know he doesn't like it and it's time to stop. What in the world is it about a towel that would freak him out like that? I can give him a whole "body rub" without a towel and he loves it. We're already into thunderstorm season and it's almost outside bathtime season...lots of drying off.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Could be it just doesn't feel good to him. Can you kinda wipe him in the direction the hair goes, or does even that bother him?

Joseph is not a big fan of overall rubbing/grooming, particularly butt rubs. He's gotten less touchy about that over time -- I can wipe him dry, and I can go over him with the rubber grooming mitt, but he really only enjoys it on his neck.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Could be it just doesn't feel good to him. Can you kinda wipe him in the direction the hair goes, or does even that bother him?

Joseph is not a big fan of overall rubbing/grooming, particularly butt rubs. He's gotten less touchy about that over time -- I can wipe him dry, and I can go over him with the rubber grooming mitt, but he really only enjoys it on his neck.

Maybe...isn't it funny how they are all different? Kevin loves the rubber mitt; I can use that all over and he just stands there!!! Who knows? Just one more "Kevinism"!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest GreyRabbit

Maybe I'm paranoid or too much of a "bleeding-heart" but I always feel that if an animal has a strong adverse reaction to anything strange like this that someone must have done something unkind to them that they are remembering...who will ever know...

Poor guy, I just gave baths today and it seems that the only reason they even let me do it is for the rub down at the end! Good luck!

Guest mom2hounds

Why don't you try using one of the pva chamois like you use to dry a car? He might like it better since it is smaller, smooth, and probably smells different. I agree with GreyRabbit, he may have had a bad experience with towels.

blue and millie adore being towelled, the big scratchy cotton bath sized ones are their favourites. i think they only work up the courage to go out in the rain because they know they'll get towelled at the end on our return home. (baths are an exception, they both run and hide if i even mention the word 'bath'.)

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Try using something smaller - like a hand towel or dish towel. Put on the grooming mitt and hold the smaller towel with that when you wipe - use the same motion as when you're grooming him.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly