Advice Needed

Guest Samantha

Guest Samantha

Im sure she would if she was allowed to eat and eat the nice yummy things :lol:. Ive had the most terrible looks off her today when i put food down and she refused and i picked it up and didnt give her anything else, so she has ate half her meal at dinner....lets see how she does tomorrow, there is no treating inbetween meals until she gets that this is her food and she is not getting steak every night!

Guest Furmom

Im sure she would if she was allowed to eat and eat the nice yummy things :lol:. Ive had the most terrible looks off her today when i put food down and she refused and i picked it up and didnt give her anything else, so she has ate half her meal at dinner....lets see how she does tomorrow, there is no treating inbetween meals until she gets that this is her food and she is not getting steak every night!

Good Mom!!! I know first hand that it is hard, those lovely grey eyes stare into you.... but stand your ground!!! We are pretty big pushovers but one thing we don't budge on is dinner. Like (jiilysmom?) said 15 minutes and we take it up. We agree that we are in it together (me and DH) and didn't give into silly faces... notice I said didn't... sometimes since they are senior and know our limits we do, but they know our limits... and really don't push far :)

15 minutes :huh2 that is very generous. i wait 5 minutes and in the fridge the food goes. it takes a hungry grey 2-3 minutes to finish 2 cups of soaked kibble.and i just soak the kibble w/ warm water and that's it! i also did this with my daughter during the terrible twos. she learned carrying around her chicken leg and crispy veggies in an insulated lunch bag with a cooling pack that i was not running a resturant.

my dogs all work for their treats and my kid only had fruit as a treat when she was growing up.i should be that strict for myself!

Guest LindsaySF
your gal might be self regulating when it comes to weight and is cutting back or just waiting for the "good stuff".

:nod