Update Tuffy Arthritis

We went to the vet yesterday, Tuffy is on deramaxx for 2 months now.

On palpation Tuffy back was much better :) He did not flinched down when the vet push on it. :colgate

His knees and hips are still stiff anf painfull :(

So we keep giving deramaxx (1/2 pill) and will add 0.25mg of dextab (Dexamethasone) each day for 2 weeks to help boost the anti-inflamatory effect.

We will return in 2 weeks to and see the next step (going to alternate medication after, 3 days deramaxx-2days without ect.

Tuffy is about 40-50% better then he was 2 months ago. More interactive and playfull. :)

Love my big boy.

tuffy-happyz.jpg

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest Energy11

Boy oh Boy, one HANDSOME Boy!

You might want to ask your vet about Dasquin Supplement. It is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but boy, it did WONDERS for Goldie when she was diagnosed with her arthritis. I don't even give the Deramaxx anymore :-)

Boy oh Boy, one HANDSOME Boy!

You might want to ask your vet about Dasquin Supplement. It is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but boy, it did WONDERS for Goldie when she was diagnosed with her arthritis. I don't even give the Deramaxx anymore :-)

is it a prescrition drug? is it a horse medication? the vet talk about something horse takes... :unsure

I talk about Duralactin to the vet, He says it's not a drug but a natural suplements, it could help and I could try it, he did not know about it and the results it could make, Tuffy alreay takes gluco and chondro but we have to keep the inflamation down with anti-inflamatory drugs... and I dont know where to get it druralactin...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

I just googled "duralactin" and several places came up including Amazon and entirelypets. It was $42.95 for 180 chewable 1,000mg tabs at entirelypets.

I am glad to hear Tuffy is feeling better.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I just googled "duralactin" and several places came up including Amazon and entirelypets. It was $42.95 for 180 chewable 1,000mg tabs at entirelypets.

I am glad to hear Tuffy is feeling better.

thanks!

I'll see what we going to do after the 2 weeks of dextab. ;)

I check out dusaquin and it's gluco and chondro, Tuffy already gets that.

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

almost 2 weeks with dextab and Tuffy is doing greyt! :colgate

we had some rain and it did not slow Tuffy down like it used to... Tuffy is more out going on walks, sniffing all around and more interactive (before medication he was slow and just wanted to go back home when we walked) :)

tomorow we go back to the vet to talk about the next step... I'll get back to you about what the vet thinks...

Edited by Josie

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Nous aimons Tuffy. Nous sommes heureux de savoir qu'il se sent meilleur. :)

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

so back from the vet!

vet thinks Tuffy is doing much better too :)

we will continue deramaxx 1/2 pill evenings and 0.25mg dextab in the morning 6 days on 7... one day a week no dextab just to keep the body top shape.

we go back to see the vet in 6 months... well that's in december and with the snow and cold temp we will probably incresse the dosage for winter months ;)

big boy is happy, mom is happy :kiss2

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data