Msm And Glucosamine

Guest brian

Guest brian

Hi my greyhound is only 5 and back when he raced he broke his front leg one year and his back leg another year. He's really having a hard time getting around all of the sudden. Does supplementing with glucosamine and MSM sound ok if I just buy them from a place like Trader Joes?

Thanks.

You can, but I buy mine from pet websites, like, Petedge, Discount Drugs or KV Vet. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I have had success with many dogs. It will take a few weeks for the results to show, so have patience.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I would imagine it's safe enough--Trader Joes has always been concerned with quality and safety in my experience.

Whether it's effective is another question. Without independent testing (which TJ's does not do) there's no way to guarantee you're getting the labled dose.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

You can but I have found supplements prepared for dogs work better. I think I've tried them all :)

I use Joint Health & Fresh Factors from Springtime You will see results fairly quick if you double the dose the first week.

Also, chiropractic (by a certified vet) and acupuncture help.

How long ago were his follow up x rays? Does he have any hardware in the legs?

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I get mine from Costco. They have it for dogs now as well as humans.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Tenderhearts

Whether it's effective is another question. Without independent testing (which TJ's does not do) there's no way to guarantee you're getting the labled dose.

That's the whole trick. I have Shiloh on the GlycoFlex III now for her arthritic hips. I've used the GlycoFlex for all of my senior dogs for over 10 years, and it's really made a difference.

Going cheap on those supplements may get you a product that is not therapeutically worth a tinker's damn. :)

Guest brian

Yes he does have hardware in both legs. We had x-rays done about 3 months ago and no cancer was found.

How much should I give of the MSM glucosamine?

Guest kydie

I have used it for years, and swear by Dasuquin with MSM, I get on Amazon, that a GT'er posted has the best price,,,,, and it does

3 of my pack get it, I noticed a big difference in my 12 year old non-grey, , as recommened by vet. :)

Hi my greyhound is only 5 and back when he raced he broke his front leg one year and his back leg another year. He's really having a hard time getting around all of the sudden. Does supplementing with glucosamine and MSM sound ok if I just buy them from a place like Trader Joes?

Thanks.

We get ours from http://www.greyhoundgang.com It's 100 pure and all proceeds go to the greyhounds.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project