Creeped Out By The Wind

Guest jharr

Guest jharr

This morning we took Boris for his usual walk around our complex. There are a lot of paths around, but we do this twice a day, so we are all pretty familiar with the whole place. Today however, it was unusually windy and the palm trees were making a bit of noise. This seemed to put Boris on edge and a couple of times he even jumped. I'm pretty sure it was just from all of the white noise created by the wind in the trees. Has anyone else noticed this in their dogs? Do they get nervous on windy days?

Guest Scouts_mom

My Henry, home since January, gets very scared on our walks if the wind is blowing. I've learned to be extra careful on those days and be prepared for a bolt at any moment. There is one japanese maple tree that he watches closely on every walk, but if the breeze is moving the branches he refuses to walk by it.

Guest Bang_o_rama

Bang gets skittish on windy days as well, esp when it causes noises like tapping flagpole ropes, tapping signs, sighing trees, etc.

OK, now I am spooked....

~D~

The wind has been REALLY strong up here as well. It wasn't too windy during our walks today, but Aston was pretty freaked out by the wind-squeal around the closed doors in the house, & rattles, etc. In strong gusts outside, Aston stops walking and shuts his eyes until it dies down a bit. I end up doing the same because my eyes are really sensitive :blush

Josh is okay on walks with wind, but he is very wind phobic in the house if it is very noisy. But I have to say only in the summer, not winter wind.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Lenny was very spooked by the wind we used to have in the desert. He would pace and not settle down.

Don't know if he would have ever gotten used to it, doesn't seem to bother him here

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest mountain4greys

Our shy boy Skyy doesn't like the wind at all. He'll walk to do his business, but he high tails it back in as quick as he can. My other 5 do well in the wind.

Guest BooBooMama

BooBoo would have bouts of wind fear- on and off. I just trained myself to not react and just stay calm. After a while she took her cues from me and would settle down.

Guest sheila

My Sammy will give the curtains the hairy eyeball on a windy day and sometimes stalks off in a huff while giving me the stink eye.

Guest GreyFan09

Yes, Comet is very skittish on walks when its windy. He spends a lot of his time looking over his shoulder at noises behind us, just in case something may be sneaking up on us.rolleyes.gif He's fine in the house, but not outside on windy days.

If Tiny and Raven were phobic about wind, they would never leave the house. 45 mph is "breezy" here. :lol

They aren't crazy about it and when it's really strong they hurry back to the house, but they aren't terrified. I suspect Boris reacted as strongly as he did because truly windy days are such a rarity in SoCal and he wasn't used to things moving that normally don't.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg