I Will Never Forget Jen

Guest BooBooMama

Guest BooBooMama

Four years ago today I lost my Jen. She was my first. I remember every detail of our first meeting and how we chose her- so petite but full of personality. And WHAT a personality! She ruled the house with her soft gentle way. We called her Queen Jen.

On that fateful day we went for a walk and a loose pit bull ran out from a house and attacked us. I fought it off and thought that I had won the battle- no blood, no wounds, but the following morning Jen suddenly vomited and then collapsed. I rushed her to the E Vet. A myelogram showed that in the battle her spine was damaged in two places. She was just a few months away from turning 14. Just a month before the vet told me that she was in such good shape- it was like she was 7 or 8- not 13. Just shows you that you can never tell when heartbreak can come into your life.

She left me that day to join her younger 'sister', Jamie who had died three years earlier of hemangiosarcoma. Since then her baby 'sister', BooBoo joined her last month. I know my three beauties are running pain free and watching over me but I miss them so.

I keep them all in my heart and never forget.

I'm so sorry. :f_pink We never forget the one's who pass.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Iknow what you mean about never forgetting, especially what caused Jen to go to the bridge. I know you still hurt & I send my regrets for that unexpected loss

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Guest greymama002

What a horrible way for your sweet girl's life to be cut short. Deepest sympathy on your losses.

run free at the bridge sweet girls :gh_run:gh_run:gh_run

Guest Gingergrey

Sorry that you had to go through this with Jen. She will stay in your heart forever. We never know what life has in store. Hugs to you.:bighug Godspeed sweet Jen :gh_run

Jen is safe in your heart now, and running in the sunshine over the Bridge.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

cry1.gifgrouphug.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Never forgotton - in our hearts forever.

:grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead