I'm Back...and Charm Is Sick.

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

Hi, all. I know I've been AWOL for quite a while and I'm sorry, but I had school and family and was way busier than I thought I'd be. But now I'm here, I'm worried, and I need a little advice.

About three weeks ago, Charm started the GSOD when I rubbed his ear, so after a couple days when it didn't improve and I started seeing fluid under his neck, I took him to the vet. They started him on Clavamox after seeing a lesion on his left throat. They had me drop him off a couple days later so they could aspirate some cells from the pouch and from his lymph nodes on his neck. We have almost 100% certainty that it is NOT cancer. The lab went so far as to say lymphosarcoma is NOT indicated. So, we just kept him on a second round of Clavamox because the pouch wasn't gone and we just wanted to be sure.

Tonight, though, he seems to be having trouble with respiratory (fast, heavy breathing), an eye booger the size of Manhattan in his right eye (but not blocking it), and seems a little on the warm side. I'm going to watch him tonight because I REALLY don't have money for the e-Vet right now, and he doesn't seem uncomfortable. The lesion that was in his throat is healed, the pouch seems to be gone, but now his throat just doesn't feel right to me. It feels lumpier and now with the weepy eye... unsure.gif I just don't know.

Ideas???

For Roscoe it ended up being a severe infection of.. something. They weren't sure exactly, but possibly the salivary gland. I'll link you to my thread in a minute..

Roscoe's Fun Week

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Poor bug :( . I'd guess salivary gland or tooth. Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many many prayers for Charm.

It's so good to see you back, but I wish it wasn't in H&M. I think of you every time I look at Misty's soul warmer.

Please keep us posted on handsome Charm

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KennelMom

Poor bug :( . I'd guess salivary gland or tooth. Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon!

That's what I was thinking.

Welcome back, even if under worrisome circumstances...Sending prayers for Charm.

Guest Energy11

Poor bug sad.gif . I'd guess salivary gland or tooth. Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon!

That's what I was thinking.

Welcome back, even if under worrisome circumstances...Sending prayers for Charm.

Same here ... a tooth or salivary gland infection. Maybe a different or stronger antibiotic would be in order?

I, too, hope you get to the bottom of this soon!

Guest charmsmom

Thanks, everyone. It's good to see old faces and new. It's also nice to see some new hounds in the old crews, though sad to see some old ones gone. Charm was supposed to have a follow-up in two weeks, but I might see about getting him in sooner. He seems to be better this morning in that he's not breathing so hard, but his breathing last night had me worried.

I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you all for your prayers and light!

Guest mcsheltie

I would take his temperature twice a day. Panting with an infection is indicative of a fever. If so, you need to get to vet.

Welcome back Bethany, I've been wondering what happened to you. Sorry to hear Charm isn't feeling well. Sounds like he may need a different antibiotic. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee