Maggie Had To Leave Us Today

jimsherriek

Our permanent foster Maggie, had to leave us today. She in just 5 short months, would have been 15. She was returned back to GPA-Houston by her 2nd owner. She was a frightened, malnourished, weak, and acting out in fear pup. She was placed with us just 2 short months ago. We did not know how long she would be with us, or if she could even recover.

In the short time she was here, she managed to gain a little weight, learn to live with and get along with other hounds, and to play. She discovered a flying disc in the bottom of the toy box, and loved that toy to no end.

But her weight again started slipping, and she quit eating. Her liver and kidneys were failing at a much faster rate. Yesterday, she had a violent swing in her mind, and attacked several times. Today, after conferring with the vet, he felt that she had a serious problem that would effect her permently and get worse. (Sorry I don't remember all the fancy words.) It was decided that she was ready to leave us. And she peacefully passed across the bridge in my arms.

She may have been labeled a foster, but in our hearts, she was our Maggie. I wish I could remember her making me laugh so many times, as each day she learned a new thing. Right now I am a puddle of tears from the hole she left in my heart. But, I just want you all to remember, that she did live and was loved, for the couple months she was here!!!

Love,

Mom, Dad, and Kendra

Run free sweet Maggie. You will be missed very much, but I know you are now pain free and running after that disc you loved. And you can poke as many holes in it as you want, because it is self healing!!! It was only a couple short months, but it felt like a lot longer by the way you made me laugh. Thank you for your time here!!!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Oh NO!!! I just checked her other thread to see if you had an update on her :( I am so sorry :weep

Run free Maggie, all the grey angels will be rooooing you a welcome :candle

Oh no, I"m so very sorry :cry1:(

I am so glad she found you and was able to end her life peacefully in a family that loves her very much. :bighug

Rest in peace, Maggie. :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. She left this world part of a family that loved her, even though she could only stay a few months. Godspeed Maggie!flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I was moved by your other post but this one has me in a puddle. I'm so sorry she had to leave so soon, but at least she left knowing she was loved very much, even if for a short time. My heart goes out to you and your family. Godspeed Maggie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest EmilyandSioux

What a wonderful place she had for a few short months. Prayers are coming you way from Coldspring. Now she can run and play with her disc all she wants and never get tired.

Guest how888
:f_pink:f_pink Find my Nike and soar high with the angels til we all meet again over that rainbow... Edited by how888

Guest AmberGusDad

Our permanent foster Maggie, had to leave us today. She in just 5 short months, would have been 15. She was returned back to GPA-Houston by her 2nd owner. She was a frightened, malnourished, weak, and acting out in fear pup. She was placed with us just 2 short months ago. We did not know how long she would be with us, or if she could even recover.

Thank you for giving Maggie the dignity she deserved.

Guest greymama002

Bless you for taking sweet Maggie into your hearts and loving her so. She found joy in her short time with you.

Run free, precious, angel.

"But, I just want you all to remember, that she did live and was loved, for the couple months she was here!!!"

And that says it all. Godspeed, dear Maggie. Run and play and chase that disc and give your Mom and Dad, yes, your Mom and Dad who had you in their hearts and home, a roooooo once in a while, OK?

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Maggie landed in heaven before she had to leave. There is no doubt she died with love in her heart and all around her. Nothing matters more than that. have a blast with your disc sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren