Farewell, Sweet Queen Quilty

Guest KennelMom

She will be missed that very special lady.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scouts_mom

Quilty was a very special soul. I have so enjoyed reading about her in your household. She will be missed by all of us on Greytalk. Run free sweet girl!

Edited by Scouts_mom

I'm so sorry to hear about the famous Miss Quilty. She sounds like quite a character!! I loved reading about how she loved & enjoyed those puppies.

I can't imagine what she lived thru before she was rescued wandering around all alone. How sad. :( Bless her heart.

But, perhaps that just had to be, so that she could find her way to you guys and you, in turn, could share her with all of us. Because, trust me, no one who read your stories on her or saw your pictures of her beautiful old, regal face, will ever forget her! She will live on because we will remember.

Rest in peace, sweet, beautiful lady. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Edited by luvhounds2

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest greytbookert

I'm just seeing this now. I'm so sorry that Quilty had to leave you. She was a beautiful girl with a beautiful soul.

Run free pretty girl!

What a morning, the before and after threads and now I read this beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl Quilty. Thank yoiu for sharing her story and beautiful pictures. I have to excuse myself and pull my self together.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Heather, I am so sorry. But I am so glad Quilty's final months were happy ones with you, Ken and your pack.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry. Thank you for all you did for her, and thanks to all those who did such wonderful things for her.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.flowers_yellow.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Capslock

Quilty appeared mysteriously from the ether and into a perfect place, destined to rule Greytalk as its rightful Queen. We will all miss her.

Heather, I am very sorry I am just now seeing this. You and Ken were Great to take her in and you were her Angels! Thanks so Much for giving her a Great life for her remaining time!I remember reading her story and seeing her going from looking unhealthy to a Vibrant Beautiful Lady.... :wub:

Again I am very Sorry, Fly Free Quilty! :gh_run:f_red:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry to read about your precious angel. I burst into tears when I read this, as I followed her progress from the beginning.

You will all be in my prayers.

I can't believe I am reading and seeing this right now. I am so sorry Heather and Ken. Quilty's story was one that I followed and I was truly honored that I was able to give Princess Quaility a special collar as she was very special to not only to you but to many of us here on GT. You and Ken do so much and it was my way of honoring you all. I loved reading your stories about her and your pack. Please know I am thinking of you all. Quility, you are among friends now and are runnning free and missed very much.

Amy and Maddie

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Oh, that face. That beautiful, beautiful face! Godspeed Quilty. Thanks Heather and Ken for giving Her Majesty the royal treatment she so richly deserved!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead