Farewell, Sweet Queen Quilty

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Quilty had to leave you :( :( :( :( what a beautiful girl and what a beautiful tribute :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so very sorry. However, I'm so thankful she had the two of you and such wonderful care once she found your home & hearts. :grouphug

I am so very sorry for your loss. Quilty was one beautiful lady.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What an amazing, exceptional dog she was! And how wonderful that she got to spend her final years with her perfect family.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Quilty.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. I loved reading your posts and seeing pictures of her. She certainly was a special lady.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest wmlcml6

What a beautiful girl. I'm sorry for your loss, but I love reading how she ruled the roost during her short time with you. Thank goodness she had warm loving home to finish her life journey. I bet she passed happy, and we can't ask for more than that.

Guest KennelMom

Thank you so much for everyone for taking the time to write thoughts and condlences to Ken and I. Greyhound folks are such good peeps.

....and Heather, I am so thankful you gave us a thumbs-up reference to bring that old gal home. It means a lot to me.

Boss in peace sweet girl.

This made me :cry1 and :lol at the same time. You hit the nail on the head

Edited by KennelMom

Queen Quilty had the best year of her life with you! Thank you for taking care of her. Run free Quilty, run free.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest hannahmom

Heather and Ken - I am so very sorry to hear about Quilty. She was a special houndie, and I'm glad she got to spend the end of her days surrounded by love and hounds

Edited by hannahmom

Guest greymama002

I eagerly followed Quilty's story and was one of the many whose hearts she warmed with her courageous spirit. She will always be remembered for all she gave to all of us. Thank you for making her last year so filled with love and for sharing this very special lady with us.

Run free most precious Quilty, forever in our hearts!

What a wonderful tribute! What a character she was and how lucky you all were to have had some time together. :gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Heather and Ken I am so sorry that your time with Quilty could not be longer. I am sure that she made every single day with you count. Quilty was a special girlie who lucked out and found a very special family to spend her final year with. I hope that the wonderful memories you have of Quilty will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_pink

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so very sorry that Quilty had to go. :grouphug But it warms my heart to read this beautiful tribute and think what a perfect fit she found in your home. As always, thanks for being the surpassingly greyt grey-parents that you two are.heart.gif

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

So glad she was able to wander into your lives for you and all of us that got to share in her story. She always sounded like a super special girl.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021