Farewell, Sweet Queen Quilty

Guest KennelMom

Guest greybookends

What a very rare and very special soul she was. Thank you Heather for being there for her when she needed you.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hoolyghans

Oh seeing her name here took my breath away.

I'm sorry she's gone but she certainly found the very best place to spend her last months. I'm glad you shared her with us all.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Awwww, she was really a special pup. I'm so sorry you lost her, but so happy she got to spend her last year with you!

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Beautiful Quilty! I have been in love with her since I first saw her pictures :beatheart we celebrated with you when she looked so great after gaining weight. I am so sorry that she had to leave so soon but I am very thankful to both of you for giving her everything she needed (demanded) during her stay with you. She was truly blessed, and I know you were too. Seniors are just the most fantastic creatures :wub:

Run free Quilty, you are loved and missed by many....

I am so sorry her time with you is over. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry about Quilty. You may not have had her long, but I am quite sure it was the best time of her life. Thank you for making sure it was.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Heather and Ken, I'm so very sorry. I think fate stepped in the day you met Quilty and she was destined to be yours. You gave her all the things she deserved, love, respect and a home. I truly wish your time together could have been longer. Thank you for giving her the best year she could have. I will miss your stories of Quilty and her antics.

Godspeed Queen Quilty. You were loved by many, especially your mom and dad.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm sorry :(:f_white :f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Some special hounds touch people who never even meet them, and your Quilty was one of those special hounds for me. Her story, her spirit--brought to life so vividly in your descriptions of her and in many great pictures--touched me and left permanent paw prints in my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also so glad that this special girl completed her life in your family and surrounded by your love.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Rest well sweet girl. I'm so sorry you had to let her go. She was one of my GT favorites.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greyt2love

I remember when Queen Quilty came to you, Heather. I am so glad you and Ken were there to give her everything she needed right up to the end. I'm so sorry she had to leave so soon. Run free, Queen Quilty !!

:grouphug Heather and Ken and all those that Quilty touched.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

While I'm sad for the loss of Quilty, sad for you and Ken.

I just find myself smiling at the photos and the many memories I was able to share with you all.

That sassy raspy bark in the back ground, demanding you to do something for her. What that something was, only Quilty knew and you had to figure it out :lol

She made me laugh so many times and I'm sure we will all carry those thoughts along with us forever.

That girl did what she wanted, how she wanted and when she wanted. A demanding girl that only an old hound could pull off such demands of you two and have you cater to her.

Yes, there is much sadness in our hearts but so many more wonderful memories and laughter that this crazy old hound brought to you and many of us.

So along with the tears for you my friend, please know the smiles and laughter will continue on every time I hear the name Queen Quilty :grouphug

:gh_bow:dogcookie

(weep) I, too, remember when Queen Quilty was found, and you opened your hearts and home to her. Thank you for everything you did for her. She was well loved, and an inspiration, and she will be sorely missed.

Godspeed sweet Quilty.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Lovey_Hounds

:cry1 I am so sorry for you loss of your very precious girl, you are very wonderfull people to have taken her in and given her the love and type of life she deserved.

I always enjoyed hearing stories and seeing pictures of Quilty.

I know she was loved by many people even some who never met her and i know she will be missed by many.... run free sweet lady! f_yellow