Please Pray For Marx!

I wasn't going to post anything until i had all testing done but i figure GT has such powerful prayer circle, that I knew it couldn't hurt.

Marx had a nasty leasion removed last week. It came back as Subcutaneous Hemangiosarcoma Grade II. He will be going for xrays and ultrasound Wednesday May 19th.

There are two ways this can play out, the best case is that the mass removed was the primary and he will have an additional surgery to remove a smaller area of the site that still has the nasty stuff and maybe some chemo and that will be it.

Worse case is that this is a secondary mass and there are mestatic lesions either in his liver, spleen or heart. :(:( if this ends up being the case DH and I have both agreed that we will not subject him to chemo given the grim progonosis.

We are both heartbroken, but I'm surprised to say I haven't fallen apart yet. So my GT friends please, please send those postives vibes and prayes my boy's way, he is only 10 and we aren't ready to let him go..... :weep

wanted to add a couple of my favorite pictures

33671591.jpg

120093139.jpg

update 5/19/10 5:30pm

well we have good news and some very ???? news.

first: no obvious metastatic masses on the spleen..yay!

second: the spleen is very enlarged (vet didn't know the size), so enlarged that it made it difficult to see the liver, so supoptimal ultrasound on the liver. the heart was not evaluated (their equipment is not set up for this).

third: ????? areas on his chest xray. Vet didn't seem overly concerned and said it may be normal for him. but....

So my plan is this: I am going to get the xrays, make the copies myself and send them to Dr. Couto, I don't think there are hard copies of the ultrasound. I will send Dr. Couto an email.

Marx will need to have another surgery to remove wider margins and go deeper to get the area that showed unclean margins. He will be completely sedated for this. We are somewhat relieved but still very very cautious about what may be going on with his chest and the spleen, I'm a bit concerned the liver could not be fully evaluated. Sorry I know I'm rambling, kind of thinking about this as I'm typing.

So I can relax just a little for now....

please keep praying for my boy, so fary it's working.

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BleuDog

Many Greyt Vibes and White Light are zooming into your Home for Both 2 & 4 legged Babes....

Nope...you are NOT going to 'fall apart'....you can snuffle as you hug your Marx, but He is living in the moment, and just Knows you Both are doing Everything for Him....and stepping-up the LOVE even more than he & you thought possible....

HUGS...

I'll be praying that it's the less serious option. I've always loved Marx.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

You got it! :candle:hope:candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Many good thoughts for you, guy and marx. Hoping and praying for the best of all outcomes.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Many prayers coming for your sweet boy...here's hoping it's a best case scenario :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Holding your precious boy in my prayers, surrounded by healing light. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Prayers for Marx that that is the primary spot and the rest can be taken and he'll be fine.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Prayers that this CAN be beaten. Marx is one of my first GT crushes. Hugs to your handsome boy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.