Comfortis--About How Much Does It Cost? Thoughts?

My vet mailed me a $7 off coupon for a 6 month supply of comfortis. I usually just use advantage for fleas and a preventick collar which works great for ticks.

Anyone use Comfortis? Do you like it? How much does it cost?

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

It's a bit more expensive than Frontline but everyone I know who uses likes it quite a bit. The price is what prohibits me from using it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest fandogs

I use Comfortis and have for several years.

The first year we used it at the kennel it took care of the flea problem completely.(The year before was very wet and the flea problem was terrible.)It works as fast as Capstar, (starts in less than2 hours) but Comfortis lasts a month instead of a day.

We gave it to all the days for three months and broke the flea cycle. The next year, we had NO fleas in the whole kennel. And didn't give any meds at all. BTW.. We also had no ticks. I don't know if it was because of the Comfortis or not.. but this is year 3 and there are still no fleas in the kennel or ticks.

I use Comfortis on my GHs at home, and I split the pills in half. The largest pill is for dogs 60-120 pounds. My dogs are in the 60=70 pound range.. so half a pill works fine. We also have had no bad side effects... I purchased 6 months supply for about $60 but by breaking them in half.. it's actually a years supply, if I needed it.

Also... I haven't given the comfortis yet this year. I haven't seen any sign of fleas, so I am not medicating till necessary.

I totally recommend Comfortis.

Sue of the Couch farm uses it too. And I know she is just as happy with it as I am.

Maxine

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I get it for $72 for a six pack with no vet visit needed- just google it :) I go through a six pack every month so would never buy it from the vet

Guest TeddysMom

I use it on the Greys and it is working great. It is expensive though but I only give it every 6 weeks and I have yet to see a flea on any of them. It does not work for ticks though so I do a light spray with Adams mist everyweek for all of the dogs that are here. The only reason I tried it is Spice has a really bad flea allergy so keeping them off her is mandatory.

Edited by TeddysMom