Our Beautiful Peanut

Guest Smiley

Guest Smiley

Yesterday we helped our beautiful, sweet, joyful Peanut cross the bridge to run pain free with Smiley and the angels. Her last day was filled with naps in the sun and leaves, steak and ice cream and a million kisses. She heard "We love you" every minute of the day. To say she brought us much love and laughter isn't enough so let me try to describe our baby girl . . .

Peanut was an earth girl-she loved nothing more than sitting outside on the deck surveying her kingdom (our yard). She loved naps in the sun, burrowing in a big pile of leaves and laying under the deck with the slugs. To say she was joyful is an understatement. She was always happy to see us and would run to the door with tail wags-even if she just saw us a minute ago. She would hear her daddy's truck pull in and prance to the front window waiting to greet him with whining and tail wags. She would jump up and down (usually on our feet) every time she heard the word "walkies". And she would run into the kitchen, awoken from a dead sleep, as soon as she heard the treat jar scrape on the counter or a banana crack open-she lived for cookies. She loved every person she met and people responded to her joy. And her ears-always up and perky.

Peanut truly showed us how to live-to soak in every moment, every smell, every sound. To live in joy and love. To give joy and love. She was our beloved baby girl and truly daddy's princess. Please be sure to read Pete's post about his beloved heart girl in the next post. He wanted me to post first, but wants to express his love for our Toots too. Here are a few favorite photos of our princess who will be loved and in our hearts forever . . .

29240_1283404449697_1367681953_30633088_5201433_n.jpg

29240_1283403969685_1367681953_30633086_2365323_n.jpg

29240_1283969303818_1367681953_30634196_6252660_n.jpg

29240_1283404249692_1367681953_30633087_3279012_n.jpg

29240_1283970143839_1367681953_30634200_4152561_n.jpg

Edited by Smiley

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PeanutsPop

My precious Peanut, I love you with all my heart. It hurts so much, but I know you are chasing Smiley around now, or walking around til your heart's content, or digging up grass and eating dirt like you loved to do, sleeping in some beautiful forest where memory foam beds grow like moss at the base of trees. I know you are getting to chase all those squirrels, turkey, and birds that were a thorn in your paw, but this time there is no fence to protect their asses!!! And I know you are finally getting your revenge on those pesky bugs that were always landing on you!!! Chomp away little white one!!!

You are the most beautiful tom-boy of a greytgirl in the world and I will miss you every single day. I will miss you coming in from the backyard covered in mud when it hadn't rained in days. I will miss our morning routines together before work. I will miss our walks at work where you would freak out at that other dogs house who barked at you once 4 years ago (and hasn't been there since). I will miss seeing your ears stand straight up and the tips almost touch when you are most excited. I will miss you stomping your feet when we play with your woobie. I will miss your patience when you clamp onto a toy and wait till I give up. I won't miss the times you would poop and pee at the same time, then I would have to try to pick it up (yeah, I probably will though). I will miss seeing you go tearing off the deck because you think you saw or heard something invading our yard, legs flailing every which way, crazy eyes, then huffing and puffing up and down the length of the fence till you realize it was just the wind. I will miss the safety I felt knowing you would let us know if someone was coming up to the house. I will miss how you could melt anyone with those beautiful brown eyes. I will miss that little swirl of fur on your chest.

You are forever my baby, and I am so happy to have you in my heart. I love you Peanut, my little girl.

034_BWade.jpg?t=1273945245

2001_08300009.jpg?t=1273945338

2002_04050005.jpg?t=1273945401

DSC00347.jpg?t=1273945468

DSC00793.jpg?t=1273945507

DSC01418.jpg?t=1273945543

DSC03466.jpg?t=1273945593

DSC03601.jpg?t=1273945626

peanutclose1.jpg?t=1273945732

DSC00619.jpg?t=1273945674

Edited by PeanutsPop

Guest PhillyPups

Beth & Pete, my heart is shattered for you. May you find peace in the lessons your beautiful angels taught you. May you find peace in the love shared by both of you and your angels. And may you find peace as the gentle breezes of your angels brush by you in the form of a gentle breeze brushing your cheek. Until you meet again ~

Run with the angels beautiful sweet Peanut you are with the very very best ~

:bighug to you

Edited by PhillyPups

I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Peanut so soon after losing Smiley. I know your hearts must be broken. Gentle hugs to you...

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Peanut was a beautiful girl and was as lucky to have you and Pete as you were to have her in your lives. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest greymama002

Deeply sorry that your beloved princess had to leave you so soon after Smiley. Hoping that she will soon send a sign to ease your shattered heart. Run free, most special Angel :angelwings:gh_run

Guest Adrianne

She was a gorgeous girl, inside and out. My heart is broken for you. She and Smiley truly were your angels, and I know you'll miss them forever. I hope you can find some comfort and peace in the midst of all the heartache. As much as you loved her (and Smiley), you were loved back tenfold. That love will be with you for always.

Guest fandogs

Truly sorry for your loss.

But oh, the joy in your tribute! And those wonderful pictures which will serve as treasured memories.

Your Peanut will run with Smiley, and continue bringing joy.. not matter that it's on the other side of the bridge.

I am sure her spirit will be with your for a long time.. keep your senses open.. she will find a way to let you know she's there.

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhh Beth ,I can't stop crying. I have no Words of Comfort but my Thoughts are with you . The Pictures speak louder then Words , how much she was loved. I am so truly sorry for your Loss :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Beth, my heart is breaking along with yours and Pete's. Although you had posted that Peanut had osteo, I still wasn't prepared for this thread. Both Peanut and Smiley were very special, as are you and Pete flowers_red.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest zoolaine

What a wonderful tribute to a greyt friend. I can only imagine how devastated you must be. :grouphug As heart breaking as it was to have Peanut leave, I am sure her and Smiley had a wonderful reunion with lots of jumping and running. They are two wonderful angels that will look down and bless you. Run free sweet Peanut :f_pink

Beth I am so sorry. I hope that the special memories you have of Peanut will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Many Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

What a beauty she was. I'm so sorry you had to lose another hound so soon. Now you have two angels to

watch over you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Running2520rainbow2520bridge-1.gif

Beth and Pete - I was blessed and oh so very happy to have had the pleasure of meeting you both and your dear sweet Peanut at Sandy Paws. Her gentle smile and easy acceptance of all who paid homage to her was a joy to watch. Her sweet nature made her ever so easy to love. She left a lasting smile in my heart. Thank you for giving her such a loving home, an adoring home, a blessed home where she was a cherished member of the family. I know that your hearts are hurting and that your pain is the price you are paying for loving her as you both have. It is a steep price but so well worth the joy she brought you and everyone she met. She rests now in your heart but she plays, runs and holds court with all of our cherished bridge kids, safe, happy and forever loved. My wishes for you both during this painful time are hearts that heal well with the joy of her memories.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Beth & Pete, I am so very sorry that your Peanut left you so soon and so quickly after Smiley. You are both in my thoughts today...

Run free of pain, sweet Peanut.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)