Star (Ima Mohican Star) 6/1/98-5/14/10

FosterFlunker

I let Star go to the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. I had no idea he had Osteo until he broke his hip. He was very stoic. He went out for his morning pee yesterday and is usually the first one back in the door. He was last in yesterday and he was dragging his right back leg. I made an appointment for the vet. I had trouble getting him into my SUV and had no one to help me. Finally my granddaughter in law came home and she got him into her car. I rushed him to the vet before they closed but I and they were unable to get him out of the car. They gave me sedatives to give him and to bring him back in the morning. I gave him all 3 of the sedatives at half hourly intervals as the first one did not seem to be doing anything. He was still very alert when I got him to the vet. Fortunately they were able to get him out of the car this time. They took x rays and the vet called me this afternoon to say he had broken his hip and it was most likely Osteo but could not be sure unless they did a bone biopsy.I said no that is more harmful and given his age I was not going to put him through any more pain. I went back to the vet and we put him to rest. He went very peacefully. I will miss him. He was my second greyhound that I adopted along with my sister in 2000. I am now down to 2 greyhounds. I have lost 3 in the last 12 months. Run free sweet boy, I loved you.

Make a fast friend adopt a greyhound

springflat.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, I so very sorry. It's never easy to lose them but it's even worse when it comes so unexpectedly. My heart goes out to you. Godspeed Star.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sorry you had to let Star cross over the bridge & I am sorry that he is your 3rd in 12 months.That seems like too much to bare

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry. They hide it so well sometimes. Another shining Star in the night sky silverstars1.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

flowers_red.gifrungrey.gifflowers_red.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest lynne893

That's so sad! I am SO sorry for your loss.

Star was loved, all he could ever ask for!

You gave him a good, loved life.

Godspeed Star!!!!

Guest 4rooers

You gave Star a greyt life and the best gift of all, freedom from pain. I'm sorry for your loss. :f_white Run with the wind Star. You are loved.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss. Ypu gave Star a wonderful retirement and then the hardest gift of love we can give our beloved hounds - the gift of letting go.

Run with the angels sweet Star, you are with the very very best ~

I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Star. When you look up, she'll be the brightest one watching over you, you'll see her. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a miserable shock. I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, Star.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss and for the horrible year you have had.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry for your loss. Run free, sweet boy.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)