Seniors And Their Crates

Guest mpportraits

Guest mpportraits

Hi guys,

I have a question about my senior Nina that we adopted about 1.5 months ago. She LOVES her crate and prefers to spend most of the day in it. I love having her around when she does come out but I respect the fact that she enjoys her crate. She raced for a much longer time than Phoebe our other grey who quite frankly hates her crate. It's not something I'm used to but is this normal? You guys always help so much, so thank you in advance!

Guest isntitgreyt

I don't crate Glenda but when one is open she goes in and lays in it with the door open. Molly hangs out in her crate too. I think for Molly it's her safe zone. We've had some problems recently and I think she goes to her crate to calm down.

I've never crated, but Lenny has taught me that sometimes, they just want/need their safe place so I've learned to respect that.

For Lenny, it's the bathroom

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest mpportraits

Haaaaa, the bathroom? That's cute! Yep, Nina loves being in her crate all day (yep, i keep doors open too) She's coming out more and more for some lovin's. It's so cute! I think she's warming up to us. She will come up to me and lift my hand with her head. I just want to eat her up it's so cute!!!

You'll probably find the more comfortable she gets the more she will come out of the crate. She may also be one of those, and I have several who will always want to sleep in their crates. I've got two that will stand there until the cows come home waiting for me to open the doors to their crates so they can go to bed.:rolleyes: I'd just let her tell you when she's ready to give it up. Mine now stay out of their crates all day but come bed time, I have 6 who still want their crates to sleep in and then there's Dammit Arrow who prefers my bed and I have to kick him off every night after he's thrown my pillow around several times in protest.:lol There's just not enough room in the bed for Mike, myself and Jilly Bean and Arrow!

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I think each dog is different with crates. I've had Spencer for 6 years and he still loves his crate. Buzz on the other hand only occasionally spends time in his crate. It's a preference thing I'm sure.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I have three oldies. One is on the sofa so much she is growing roots. She will also rest in her crate by choice, and if I shut the door, she doesn't care. Another sleeps all day on his bed or mine, or in a crate with an open door. Mostly he does not like it when I shut the door. The third will lie down in a crate with tons of bedding if it's open. But if I even touch the door like I might close it, he is out like a bullet :lol