Peanut Has Osteo-How Can We Do This Again?

Guest Smiley

Oh noooo, Beth! I'm so sorry. Sending you and Pete and Peanut positive thoughts. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so sorry.........this just is not fair - not for you or your DH or for Peanut. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Guest bigorangedog

Beth - I didn't think I could do it either. We lost 6 in 14 months, and each time I literally thought I would not get through it. But you will because you have to, for the hounds. Peanut needs you, and later there will be another who needs you. It's going to hurt like hell, but you will get through it. I'm so, so sorry that you are going through this. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. It's the price we pay for getting to share our lives with them, and even in the worst times, I always felt like it was worth it.

When you make your decision for Peanut, try to remember that what happened with Smiley's other leg was extremely uncommon. There's no telling how much time you would get with her if you do the amp, but the odds are very good that she would recover like the majority of them do. I do NOT want to tell you what to do, and COMPLETELY understand and support you if you can't do the amp again so soon. Just try not to make the decision out of fear, which you'll probably regret later. If you decide not to do the amp, decide because it's what you think is best for Peanut and you. I know how much you loved Smiley and how much you love your girl!!

What is OSU advising? Are her lungs and other limbs appearing clear on the rads?

PLEASE get in touch if I can do anything, even if you just need to scream and yell and throw things. Believe me, I understand that! I hate this disease and everything that comes with it.

If you decide to let her go, I will be wishing you a peaceful and healing few days with her. Whatever path you choose, enjoy every second of your time with her and spoil her like crazy. I know you will!

Beth - I didn't think I could do it either. We lost 6 in 14 months, and each time I literally thought I would not get through it. But you will because you have to, for the hounds. Peanut needs you, and later there will be another who needs you. It's going to hurt like hell, but you will get through it. I'm so, so sorry that you are going through this. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. It's the price we pay for getting to share our lives with them, and even in the worst times, I always felt like it was worth it.

When you make your decision for Peanut, try to remember that what happened with Smiley's other leg was extremely uncommon. There's no telling how much time you would get with her if you do the amp, but the odds are very good that she would recover like the majority of them do. I do NOT want to tell you what to do, and COMPLETELY understand and support you if you can't do the amp again so soon. Just try not to make the decision out of fear, which you'll probably regret later. If you decide not to do the amp, decide because it's what you think is best for Peanut and you. I know how much you loved Smiley and how much you love your girl!!

What is OSU advising? Are her lungs and other limbs appearing clear on the rads?

PLEASE get in touch if I can do anything, even if you just need to scream and yell and throw things. Believe me, I understand that! I hate this disease and everything that comes with it.

If you decide to let her go, I will be wishing you a peaceful and healing few days with her. Whatever path you choose, enjoy every second of your time with her and spoil her like crazy. I know you will!

Beth and Pete,

I am so sorry to hear this devastating news. I couldn't say it any better than Big Orange Dog. I also know that you will spoil her like crazy for the rest of your time with her. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Jane

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. I heart is just breaking for you. You, Peanut and your family will be in my prayers.

What Jen said.

God, Beth, this news just hit everyone like a kick in the stomach. I can't imagine the heartbreak you are feeling right now. I've only dealt with cancer 3 times, but I think it's especially hard right at this stage of whatever journey you chose to make. You are lost and faltering, trying to make sense of something that can't possibly make sense, and not knowing what to do next. And it's especially gut wrenching because it's just so damn soon. But like Jen said, you will do what you have to do, what you feel in your heart is right, for Peanut.

I so wish that loving them alone could keep them safe forever.

Please know that you are in so many prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I actually shouted, OH NO!! When I saw this. This is not fair.

Peanut might have much better luck with an amp, every dog is different. I respect whichever path you choose. You are such good doggy parents... hugs and love... my god I can't believe this.

grouphug.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

that's a hard one to swallow for sure. My heart felt sympathy to what you are going through. May the moments last forever and be filled with lots of love and cuddles. Peanut lives in the moment and right now she's filled to the top with your love. That's what is important...

Prayers for peace, wisdom and strength as you go down this road.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge