Need Help With Mackie

Guest broodies4me

Guest broodies4me

So I have noticed Mackie looking thinner and her skin has been so dry lately. Took her in to work ( I work for a Vet) and we did bloodwork. It came back this morning that her T4 was high (hyperthyroidism) and she had billiruben in her urine ( liver problems). Now while I do work for a vet, he is not the smartest guy and she will be going to see our regular vet tomorrow who has treated greys in the past. But right now I am freaking out. Any suggestions or anybody who's greys have the same problem?

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about this.

Any thyroid abnormality, hyper or hypo, cause raise havoc with the body. Thyroid controls many many things, so hopefully, once you get this under control, things will start getting better for Mackie. The weight surely will!

I have taken mine in from time to time, and there was a little billiruben in their urines, but their liver functions were fine. Vet said, it was nothing to worry about. How are Mackie's liver numbers?

Sending lots of hugs and prayers!

I'd send out that thyroid to another lab...it's rare, but not unheard of for dogs to be HYPERthyroid. Cats usually, but not dogs that often.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest broodies4me

So i took Mackie to the Vet's and she is fine. (phew) It was actually hypothyrodism. But the vet I go to is very knowledgable and said greys run low on the t4 tests. He put my mind at ease that my mackie is ok!! Thanks everyone for their prayers!