Sadly I Must Post Here Again

heartdogs

Friday morning Toffee went to the bridge to join far too many others. He fought a good fight but that terrible cancer took him anyway.

Toffee was a "it's all about me!!" who was so sweet & loving. When we took him to M&Gs we called him the PetsMart/Petco greeter because he would greet everyone that came in & since he was a very good looking big boy many people stopped to talk to him & slip something into his donation jacket pocket. Toff was his racing owners favorite so when his wonderful racing career ended he went back to the farm where he was SPOILED until his owner died of a heart attack. When we took him into our adoption program he barreled his way into the house like he knew it would be his home. The Corgi & other non-greys & cats never bothered him. His only bad trait was he was a marker big time, if you ticked him off he'd mark all over. The old Chow/grey (15yrs old) gave him kisses as I lifted Tof into my van for his last ride & wanted to follow us as we drove away so Laura & I had to put him inside. Poor Groucho has seen way too many housemates leave in his 15 years & he doesn't like it.

Run pain free Toffee & find CC, Hoover, Handsome, Shortie and so many cousins from Grandma's house.

Grandma & Mom miss you so much

I'm not good at posting links but if you're interested his picture is on Greyhound-Data.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I'm so sorry.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I'm sorry your oh-so-handsome boy had to leave.

Godspeed, Toffee.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so, so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Toffee must've been quite the character. flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so terribly sorry that you had to say goodbye to your sweet pup.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry for your loss of ypur sweet Toffee. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Toffee, you are with some of the very very best ~

I'm so sorry. Run free, Toffee. :gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown