Lexie Took A Tumble

Lexie was running around in the rain this morning. It was very slick out. she must have slid somehow and tumbled off the grass onto the patio. She got a few cuts that I wrapped on her leg but she has one pad, the big one that is really tore up. I washed and put stuff on it and bandaged. Anything else I should do?

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest mpportraits

Awwww, sweet girl!! I hope she's okay? My bff is a vet tech and when Phoebe would cut herself outside, she told me to put neosporin on it. Not hydrogen peroxide because that's bad for them. Give her kisses and hugs for me! kiss1.gif

So sorry to hear about Lexie. I won't venture advise other than keeping it clean and trying to keep her from licking it. I (fortunately) don't have experience with torn pads. I have gone through similar tumbles on slick grass which ended up with a few staples in Ringo's knee.

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Clean and dry as others have said. Pads can take awhile to heal and she might be sore for a few days but should be fine. Smoochies to your sweet girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Torn Pads; Pulled Nails, Corns, and other foot injuries:

One of THE most common injuries to your greyhounds are foot injuries. For torn pads, pulled or broken off nails, clean the wound with antibacterial soap and water, blot dry. Apply Trypzyme-V ointment or spray, or triple antibiotic ointment to the wound.*You can stop bleeding from pulled toe nails with Quik Stop. Cover with a clean toddler sock (*usually shoe size 3-8.5), and tape the sock on loosely (*too tight will cut off the circulation to the foot ... you should be able to slide you pinkie finger between the tape and sock with ease) with tape, preferably, Transpore clear tape. Cover with a bootie. I use the high booties available from The Voyagers: http://www.k9apparel.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=5. Usually, a torn nail will fall off in a matter of days, but it is advisable to see your veterinarian for a course of antibiotics and follow-up for the injury.

Hope this helps! Good Luck! Poor baby!

Thanks all I did put that ty gel stuff on the vet gave me awhile back. It is like neosporin.I wrapped with gauze and vet wrap. I do have a theraboot so when she goes potty. It was pretty red and bloody. Poor thing. She will get a lot of sympathy today cause she is visiting my mom in law at an assisted living place. I will just keep her in the lobby so she doesn't have to walk on it.I guess she is "milking It" all she can. She jumped on the bed which is rare..lol

DSCN2546.jpg

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

EMT gel is really good for small scrapes, cuts, etc. And treats and kisses help too!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest TeddysMom

I'm sorry to read about Lexi's fall. Time for extra cookies and lots of TLC. Hopefully she will heal quickly.

I hope she is feeling better soon. Extra treats are definitely in order for this one!

:cookie

Here you go Lexie!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.