It's Real- She Is Gone

Guest BooBooMama

I am so very sorry. So much, in so little time. I am in awe of your resiliency. I hope your new foster-girlie helps you as much as you will help her.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot begin to express how sorry I am for your losses. But a sweet little grey needs a home, and although your heart may feel broken beyond belief, here's hoping this innocent grey will help you heal. Cherish the memory of BooBoo my finding another grey a forever home. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest BooBooMama

Thanks everyone. I have been a slobbering idiot since I picked up her ashes. She was such a sweetheart. All my neighbors cried, my oncologist got all teary-eyed when he found out, people keep calling to tell me how much they will miss her- she had such a presence.

I must keep telling myself that she is fine and I need to cherish her memory and not grieve so much. I guess I am not ready yet to let go.

Guest LindsaySF

:grouphug

Picking up the ashes does have a sort of finality to it all. It's not real until you bring them back home that final time. :(

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Thank you for fostering. You are honoring her memory in that way. :)

I am so very sorry for your loss. The only bright spot is that BooBoo was such a fortunate girl to be so loved. And when you're loved so much, your loss is so much harder to bear. grouphug.gif Her love will always be with you - she will remain a part of you forever. Godspeed BooBoo! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest dramaqueen

Life seems so cruel sometimes one bad thing after another but we get the strength to carry on. I look at my kobi's ashes everyday and dust the urn with care.it's been 4 yrs now and my Ruby helps & is the second love of my life besides my kids. We have to remember all the good times and smile & carry on & keep all the secrets locked in our heart.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

So many hard things all at once... There are no words.

I hope your new foster brings you love, and some respite from what you've endured.

You're amazing, most people would have totally folded.

E-Hospital called- they had her ashes.

I think this is the hardest part. I put off picking up Brandy's ashes for two weeks. I know how you feel and am just sending warm hugs yours. I hope you life starts moving towards the positive now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Your baby girl will always be with you, in your heart, watching over you from the Bridge. :beatheart

:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. Your pain is so evident. You have been incredibly strong throughout everything that's been handed to you. That strength will help you to go on. Fostering is a good next step! It's cliche and everything else, but truly, time will help ease your pain. Take good care of yourself. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for all of the pain and losses in your life, only time will lessen that pain. I think it is wonderful of you to foster and honor BooBoo's memory. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed BooBoo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. :(:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.