It's Real- She Is Gone

Guest BooBooMama

Guest BooBooMama

My life took some hard blows- big changes and none of them good ones. I had lost my corporate job- the whole department was eliminated and with my job went my 'fair weather' friends, my 401K, my health insurance. Then I had a major car accident, rear-ended at a stop sign- big medical bills and crappy health insurance, lost my ability to hike and climb and the sight in my left eye, couldn't walk for three months, multiple surgeries and lots of pain. Then Jen and I were attacked by a pit bull- she didn't make it. Then my mom became very ill- up around the clock as her care giver while trying to launch my own business and recouperate from my injuries. Then I lost my mom- the sunshine in my life.

Through it all- she was there. My little rock, my reminder of hope. When she began to show signs of pain in Feb and the X-rays showed just a little disc issue I breathed a sigh of relief. What would I do without her? Then on April 16 came the diagnosis- osteosarcoma. Five days later she was gone.

I have been stumbling around in a daze since that day. My local adoption group were great- talking me into taking a foster to arrive this week. I tried to keep my mind on the new adventure but yesterday the E-Hospital called- they had her ashes.

It is real, she is not just away, it is not just a bad dream- my baby BooBoo is really gone. Her urn sits on my desk and all I can do is cry. I am selfish because she is no longer in pain but all I can think about is how much I miss her.

Thank you BooBoo for being MY little care taker. You came into my life when I so desperately needed you and left too soon. Watch over me little angel.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so very brave and strong. My heart breaks for you...so many obstacles, so much pain. I wish there was something I could do to help you. :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

My life took some hard blows- big changes and none of them good ones. I had lost my corporate job- the whole department was eliminated and with my job went my 'fair weather' friends, my 401K, my health insurance. Then I had a major car accident, rear-ended at a stop sign- big medical bills and crappy health insurance, lost my ability to hike and climb and the sight in my left eye, couldn't walk for three months, multiple surgeries and lots of pain. Then Jen and I were attacked by a pit bull- she didn't make it. Then my mom became very ill- up around the clock as her care giver while trying to launch my own business and recouperate from my injuries. Then I lost my mom- the sunshine in my life.

Through it all- she was there. My little rock, my reminder of hope. When she began to show signs of pain in Feb and the X-rays showed just a little disc issue I breathed a sigh of relief. What would I do without her? Then on April 16 came the diagnosis- osteosarcoma. Five days later she was gone.

I have been stumbling around in a daze since that day. My local adoption group were great- talking me into taking a foster to arrive this week. I tried to keep my mind on the new adventure but yesterday the E-Hospital called- they had her ashes.

It is real, she is not just away, it is not just a bad dream- my baby BooBoo is really gone. Her urn sits on my desk and all I can do is cry. I am selfish because she is no longer in pain but all I can think about is how much I miss her.

Thank you BooBoo for being MY little care taker. You came into my life when I so desperately needed you and left too soon. Watch over me little angel.

So sorry you had to go through all of this and then lose BooBoo too. At least she is running free at the bridge, in no pain, waiting for you.

Think positive and be there to help train the foster. I'm sure it will lift your spirits. :grouphug

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest how888

I am so very sorry for your loss.. I know the pain I am still feeling seeing Nike's ashes sitting here this week.. Just know we care and are here for support... Godspeed Angel Boo Boo... :f_pink:f_pink

Guest TheUnrulyHound

:weep: I remember holding Outlaws ashes for the first time...... it is so hard. It felt so good to have him home where he belonged though, I hope perhaps you can find comfort in that.

Run Free BooBoo :candle

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

I am so, so sorry :cry1 :cry1

You've had such a terrible time and so many painful losses :(:f_white

Run free BooBoo :gh_run2

Hang in there :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry that you've had an unbelievable amount of loss and personal pain in a very short period of time. Your courage and willpower are amazing, and in the face of all this loss, you're giving so much of your self to your mom, to Boo Boo.

I really believe that bringing home ashes makes it so painfully real. But I also believe that Boo Boo's essence will never leave you. The ashes are her physical remains, but her soul is forever meshed with yours, and will never leave you, nor will your Mom's.

hugsmile2.gif

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

You and I have talked about this already, but better us left behind to hurt, and not them.

Selfish? You did the most selfless thing we can do, put her needs before your own because of how much you love her.

That first dose of "it's real" is the toughest dose we get dished.

God speed baby girl, knowing how very much you are loved. There is no doubt in this world that you will watch over your mom and help guide her in the coming days.

You fought bravely and with dignity. Help mom tomorrow as she opens her heart and home to a little girl who needs her.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TahoeMom

I'm so sorry that you suffered all those losses all at once. It's almost too much to bear: be especially kind to yourself now. Greyhounds are wonderful ambassadors of hope. Such gentle creatures...they are gifts from heaven. I pray that taking care of the foster will be like a healing salve for your heart-ache.

My heart aches for you.

Send your momma some kisses on the wind, BooBoo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

"....Watch over me little angel."

Your heart knows. Try to will your mind to be open to possibilities you can't even think of. It is hard to do through the pain and fog but well worth it.

All I can tell you is that I have found that special dogs like that do indeed continue to watch over us. They didn't die-only their body did.

The death of a body can never sever the bond of such strong love.

My deepest sympathy. By the way she will always be with you. Over time you'll probably come to realize that when you notice that you still think of her all the time. There is no "getting over it." They're always there. In my case it turns out that eventually I fond it is very comforting and reassuring and I wish the same for you.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

"For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it."

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

grouphug.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_red.gif

Edited by racindog

I am so terribly sorry. You have been through so much and then to lose your sweet Boo Boo. I wish you peace. Hopefully, having to take care of your new foster will give you some moments of joy, while you grapple with your loss.

It is so, so hard...

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Guest budsmom

Gigi,

I'm so sorry that you lost your baby after all the other losses you've been through. I think that by helping this new little foster girl, you are honoring Boo Boo so much, and that she will watch over both of you. I'm sure that she's telling all the other hounds what a great mom she had and that she is so proud of you for helping another little girl learn how to be a pet.

I'm so very sorry. sad.gif Multiple losses in a short time are really hard on a person. You must be some kind of strong! Please be really good to yourself and surround yourself with as much support as you can at all times -- music you love, books or other art that transports you, nature...and, of course, us at GT! :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest PhillyPups

Gigi

In reading

I lost it. I lost my baby boy just before you and am sitting here at work with tears still flowing. :bighug to you

I wish our babies could be back and we would wake up from this nightmare.

So much pain and sadness! :( My heart is breaking for you. The pain you're in right now, at this moment, is the worst it will ever be. Knowing that it will be less sharp as time goes on may give you some hope if not comfort, but now is now, and it hurts. :bighug

Taking on a foster now could be a wonderful thing. That dog doesn't know about all that pain, and will be a new adventurer under your guidance. That's a pretty compelling responsibility, and maybe it will give you a chance to see through his/her eyes at a new world, one full of unknown possibilities.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I am so sorry :grouphug you have had so much to handle!

Grief is sneaky in that you never know when it is going to ambush you, for me it was a piece of pizza. We finished our dinner and I was at my last bite or two of crust and I tossed it over my shoulder onto the floor. Faith and Craig both dropped their jaws and it hit me, she wasn't there and hadn't been for months, no one was waiting behind me to grab that crust. I burst into tears.

one day at a time you'll get through it. Not over it, just through it. Keep reminding yourself it isn't goodbye, just see you later and boo boo and your mom are both together in the meantime. Hugs :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest ss556

I am so sorry for your loss, your pain, your suffering. Know that you did the right thing for your grey. She knew you did. Be kind to yourself, BooBoo would have wanted that. Also know you are not alone with your grief and your pain as many here have had that. Reach out if you need to. Hugs. Run free Sweetie.

Guest larock

I'm just so sad for you, it sounds like its been a really rough ride. Still, in spite of everything you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.

I just wish words could make it better...

Take care

Edited by larock