One Greyhound And My Whippet Not Eating

This is strange, but I thought that Ali (greyhound)wasn't eating her dry food due to her dental 3 weeks ago. About 7-10 days ago, both she and my whippet have been not eating there dry food (with a bit of canned). Their bowls are left almost full. I pitched their bag of current food yesterday think that maybe it was spoiled. Today neither are still not eating dog food. The whippet licks the canned off the dry then walks away. Ali won't even eat dog food of any kind. I fed Ali chicken and rice and she will eat this. Is it possible they both have a virus? Weird that two dogs are having the same symptoms. My other grey is fine (thank GOD for that). Any ideas? I am going to bring urine into the vet on Saturday for a recheck on Ali since we have been concerned with her weight over the last month.

Guest mcsheltie

If there was something wrong with the first bag and you replaced it at the same store, you may have gotten the same lot.

One of the major food companies changed their food last year. Not enough that they had to change the label. But a lot of dogs stopped eating it. So that is always something to consider.

If there was something wrong with the first bag and you replaced it at the same store, you may have gotten the same lot.

One of the major food companies changed their food last year. Not enough that they had to change the label. But a lot of dogs stopped eating it. So that is always something to consider.

I didn't get the same food from the same store. I bought a smaller bag of the ProPlan they were eating and the new bag was refused also. I did change them to a food that they have eaten before with no problems. They still won't eat it. They are eating chicken and rice. I wonder if they ate something like rabbit poop outside or something? After getting a bad bag I won't buy Pro Plan anymore.

Edited by stlgrey

It could also be a little stomach bug--dogs get them too--since they're eating the bland food that would be my guess.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

It could also be a little stomach bug--dogs get them too--since they're eating the bland food that would be my guess.

I am hoping that this is all it might be. Its very worrisome that two dogs are having the same symptoms and you can't figure out what is wrong. No diarrhea or vomiting, which I am thankful for. Hope the vet has some ideas.

Guest Energy11

I am hoping that this is all it might be. Its very worrisome that two dogs are having the same symptoms and you can't figure out what is wrong. No diarrhea or vomiting, which I am thankful for. Hope the vet has some ideas.

My friend in Florida's greys, and 1/2 grey, all are fighting a stomach virus. Most likely, that is what is going on with yours as well. DD's Tea Cup Yorkie had it last week. Good Luck! sad.gif

How long does the dog have this? She has been sick for about a week now. Tonight was a bad night for feeding. I had to feed with a syringe. Poor Ali just has no appetite. She is going to the vet on Saturday. At least she is drinking, and no diarrhea or vomiting.